RE: What did God accomplish with the flood?

by bioflex 80 Replies latest watchtower bible

• bioflex
    bioflex

@King Solomon:

Bioflex said:

I think it was to rid the world of sinners and alien/anglic human hybrids AKA "Nephlim".

well i didnt post the above comment okay, but let me enphasize on it none the less.

the reasons for the flood were

1. Humans allowing themselves to be corrupted due to allien fusion

2. The fusion brought about the birth of the so called giants who were also destroyed

now, the scriptures explain that Noah was a just man and 'perfect in his generations' , being uncorrupted by the alliens, . Now there are other scriptures that prohibited the mating or fusion of human and beasts. On such occasions both the human and beast were to be slain except in this case Noah wasnt only greatly outnumbered, he didnt stand a chance against these hybrids. The flood did exactly what is was meant to do, and even though the abomination did not cease, other means were used to eliminate the hybrids that followed after the flood and this is documented in the scriptures. Most of the numerous wars the Isearites fourth were just do destroy these abominations till the very last one of them were destroyed, moreover ther angels that commited these acts are said to be held in chains of judgement even up to this day until their time is due to be judged.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I think it was to rid the world of sinners and alien/angelic human hybrids AKA "Nephlim

Its amazing how wide and broad the human imagination can go where formulated beliefs are held up only

upon mythological story telling .

Too bad science is restricted and restrained upon complied evaluative evidence.

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition

Me personally, I think the flood served the same purpose as one cutting the grass. There's not anyone on this board who gave two shits about the grasshoppers that might get sucked up into the catcher, or the gardner snakes that might get chopped up. Those poor insects and varments took no note when the grass got too high.

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Jam said:

An intersting explanation given by JW,s and others

in regards to Nephlim (Gen.6;4 and Num.13;33 some

1500 years later). Not the same or offsprings of the sinful

angels. OK, why would a group of people use the same name

(the sons of Anak, who come from Nephilim) of a evil offspring

and causing the death of 99.999% of mankind.

In my life time , I have never met a man name Judas.

Interesting, but the Flood account mentions that the "sons of God" mating with mortals BEFORE and AFTER the Flood, creating giants, "mighty men of renown".

4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

5 And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

6 And it repented the Lord that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.

Soooo, Noah's genes must've ALSO carried the trait to produce MIGHTY MEN, since his sons (and their wives) genes were the bottleneck of the human genome as a result of the flood.

BTW, the reason for the flood is given in Gen 6:5 (evil found in hearts of man, resulting in wickedness). Did God eliminate that, the whole POINT of the Flood, when only one page later we see the tale of Sodom and Gomorrah?

A fave JW apologetic argument is that "the Earth had become so evil, that mankind threatened to ruin EVERYTHING!!"

M-kay. So, did humanity create nuclear weapons (which even there, wouldn't DESTROY the Planet, only the people)?

And even if they DID, so God decided to wipe out humanity Himself, instead of them doing it themselves? M'kay.... And THAT makes no sense.

Was the legions of the "angels of death" perhaps deployed to the Planet Kobob (helping out the Mormons with an uprising)?

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Bioflex said:

the reasons for the flood were

1. Humans allowing themselves to be corrupted due to allien fusion

Those daughters of men apparently didn't scream loud enough (or they DID, and everyone thought they were enjoying themselves)?

2. The fusion brought about the birth of the so called giants who were also destroyed

Sooo, why didn't YHWH wipe THEM out, vs ALL inhabitants?

Also, why didn't YHWH close whatever loop-hole allowed them to mate with humans AFTER the Flood? Remember, the account says they were present BEFORE and AFTER the Flood.

Although, it's good to know God steps in to help out with "alien invasions" (which presumably you believe he ALSO created; if not, which God made them)?

• jam
    jam

KS, "sons of God mating with mortals after the flood",

that,s new to me. Where is this stated?

• bioflex
    bioflex

@King Solomon:

Soooo, Noah's genes must've ALSO carried the trait to produce MIGHTY MEN, since his sons (and their wives) genes were the bottleneck of the human genome as a result of the flood.

BTW, the reason for the flood is given in Gen 6:5 (evil found in hearts of man, resulting in wickedness). Did God eliminate that, the whole POINT of the Flood, when only one page later we see the tale of Sodom and Gomorrah?

Noah was not sinless, neither was he devoid of the curse of death that was inherited from Adam, that is why he died too, every human no matter how righteous dies because of inherited imperfection from Adam. Even Christ died, being born of imperfect flesh and only throught His death did He acheive perfection for man.

Evil in ingrained in us, there is not much you can do about it, people love to do things contrary to the law of God, in part because they want to , and other times because they are too weak to resist the pleasures of this flesh. Only that sometimes people take it to the extremes and in the case of Sodom and Gomorrah i guess the scale was pretty large just like in Noah's time, i mean only one family out of a very large and established community/ city strives to live good and descent lives?

• jam
    jam

My thought, to prove that the flood did not destroy all

of mankind except the seven, because the Nephilim survived.

It,s evident the scriptures are referring to the same people.

• bioflex
    bioflex

@King Solomon: Those daughters of men apparently didn't scream loud enough (or they DID, and everyone thought they were enjoying themselves)?

I tell the truth, some lusts of this flesh are pretty hard to control

Sooo, why didn't YHWH wipe THEM out, vs ALL inhabitants?

Also, why didn't YHWH close whatever loop-hole allowed them to mate with humans AFTER the Flood? Remember, the account says they were present BEFORE and AFTER the Flood.

Although, it's good to know God steps in to help out with "alien invasions" (which presumably you believe he ALSO created; if not, which God made them)?

all the inhabitants?, like with Noah and his family? come on, Noah was clean so why would God wipe him too.

And what loop-hole are you talking about? haha, you are kidding if you think that was the last of what happened. Its going to happen again per prophecy in the scriptures. When the time comes just remember the bible said it first.

Freewill, my friend, something all of God's intelligent creations have, though there are consequencies for every action we take.

2Pe 2:4 For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;

well consider it as the prisons we have here , you would be suprised to know the number of people that end up in prisons everyday even though we all know how bad that place is. Yet we all have free will to do what we like. Just hope you are not found wanting by the law.

and again when i say alien i mean out of this world, not necessarily some dude with big head and massive eye balls flying in ufos

• bioflex
    bioflex

Jud 1:7 Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

strange flesh people, enough said.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit