RE: What did God accomplish with the flood?

by bioflex 80 Replies latest watchtower bible

• NOLAW
    NOLAW

As the proverb says:

A hole in the water!

• bioflex
    bioflex

One can see that religionists diverge themselves from things like knowledge, evidence, facts, logic,

rational based unbiased inquiry and intellectual honesty.

except that when it comes to scientific facts and evidence and logic. I mean how many times have your so called facts been disproved and had to be retested and reproved? it happens all the time.

• biometrics
    biometrics

I think it was to rid the world of sinners and alien/anglic human hybrids AKA "Nephlim".

• bioflex
    bioflex

So the bible is the only ancients texts you would equate to telling the Truth about god ( your specific god )

You know there were many ancient civilizations that existed prior to the cultural existence of the ancient Judeans/Israelites . " your God "

Since there's no mention of your particular god from these predating civilizations that would therefore invalidate your god ....sorry

how many of these ancient texts you speak of come close to the scope of the bible if i may ask?

how many talks

about the universe

about the purpose of life on this earth

about the reason why among about 8.7 million species of organisms on this earth only humans are intellectually exceptional

about the reason why life does not exist any where else apart from this planet

about the past, present and future of this universe

why humans talk(so many different languages), why only humans wear cloths ( i mean why do we feel naked? ) ,

why only humans aree bound by emotions such as love, regret, forgivness, pity, .....

need i go on?

not even science comes close to explaining such basic stuffs.

• bioflex
    bioflex

their own salvation from their personal sins ....... Yuck

i think you might want to define sin first, no?

then you might want to differentiate between good and bad, either from a scietific POV or any way you choose.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Dear Bioflex, I do not believe, if memory serves, that I have ever welcomed you to this forum ? WELCOME !

Without contributors such as yourself the arguments that believers present would not be clearly laid out here, and clearly seen for what they are !

Keep up your good work, I just wish we had a JW Apologist here who was as energetic as you, then we would be complete.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Hey @bioflex, I don't see how you can accuse me of trolling on your thread about the flood on a site full of ex and skeptical current JWs. But I do like the banter really...

The account of Noah's flood, and the WT interpretation of it, is one of the weakest in the whole Bible in terms of it's abilities to stand up to scientific enquiry. Of course science changes. Of course science does not have all the answers but that's the scientific method. Everything about the idea of a global flood over the whole earth in the past few thousand years goes against what is known about geology, plate tectonics, biology, anthropology, physics (e.g. The water canopy) and so on. I have believed it for years but after a while the constant refrain of "God dun it" in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contary sounds like a four year old blaming their imaginary friend for eating a cake they were no permitted to touch.

I really want to believe that God created us and has a purpose for us but the WTBTS ain't helping here. For example, you take ideas about the development of humans as espoused by anthropologists currently. The suggestion that humans have migrated out of Africa in the past 70000 years has significant scientific backing. It's not universally accepted but mitochondrial DNA (as one strand of evidence) does support it. We see the distribution of humans and human like fossils in the geological record just as science predicts. I don't have to accept the assertion that one lead to the other but you can't deny the existence of such things. The society give me and other inquiring minds NOTHING to help explain this or provide a logical argument to those who accept such things. Every article on creation v evolution at the moment appeals to the emotions - "look at this amazing thing in creation - do you really think this could have evolved? And if you do then don't forget God can do what he wants.". Where is the science to debunk the arguments of all these experts in their fields?

If God has given me this brain and a mind capable of logic and enquiry why the heck is everything in the Bible getting less clear? Why is WT theology getting weaker and weaker instead of clearer and clearer. Please don't tell me it that it's a test of faith. Here we are, supposedly in the most critical time for humankind ever and God is testing us by making his true organisation one that can't maintain a consistent message on one single key doctrine. He cannot do one miracle now to build the basis for faith. Where is the foundation for an "assured expectation of things to come"?

God dun it don't stack up anymore.

• bioflex
    bioflex

@konceptual99:

have you seen the matrix movie? i dont remember which one exactly, but when Neo went to see the oracle and asked her about the prophecy of the ***(cant remember the name), this is what she said : " that guy cant even see past his own future"

well i cant see any better way of describing the watchtower and JW's. They dont know what they are talking about.

They try so hard to explain the bible with science and they fail miserably because its impossible to do that.

The concept of God is about a being without impossibilities, if God says he created the earth in 6 days then thats exactly how long is took Him

I have seen how JW's teach about the 6 days being symbolic just to find a way to make it agree with scientific fact that the earth is many million years old. They totally ignore the purspose of the bible. that is showing the power of God

until we come to comprehend the being of God then i think the flood is even least in our problems of believing in God

just to name a few

earth created in six days

man purposefully created to dominate

parting of the red sea to create dry land

the day the eath stood still

the existence and eradication of gaints

and the one i find even more fascinating is the story of Ezekiel 37

i believe there are much more i can come up with but it wouldnt be necesary, all i am trying to say is God does not do things the way we expect him so

i am not against critical thinking in any way, and i dont have a problem with science at all, my problem is with people trying to compare two totally different things. They preach and teach two different things altogether.

At the end of the day, the bible promises eternal life to mankind without us having do any thing, just believe and have faith

science on the other hand teaches if we want eternal life, then we are going to have to engineer it . Either one you choose is entirely up to you.

God is not forcing eternal life on anyone, but when all is set and done each and every one of us is going to account for the lives we lived and we all are going to be rewarded accordingly,

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Bioflex said:

I think it was to rid the world of sinners and alien/anglic human hybrids AKA "Nephlim".

Soooo, then why does the Bible clearly state that there were Nephelim both before and AFTER the Flood?

So either God failed at eliminating the "loop-hole" that allowed for fallen angels to mate with mortals (offspring being Nephelims), or that's not why he flooded the Earth, and there was another reason.

(and there was: there's no reason to create wild hypotheses about God's motives, if only you read the account carefully; God gives his reason for the Flood quite clearly in the Genesis account).

• jam
    jam

An intersting explanation given by JW,s and others

in regards to Nephlim (Gen.6;4 and Num.13;33 some

1500 years later). Not the same or offsprings of the sinful

angels. OK, why would a group of people use the same name

(the sons of Anak, who come from Nephilim) of a evil offspring

and causing the death of 99.999% of mankind.

In my life time , I have never met a man name Judas.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit