RE: What did God accomplish with the flood?

by bioflex 80 Replies latest watchtower bible

• bioflex
    bioflex

was Just going through a few topics and this caught my attention, and since that thread looks pretty much dead i thought i would create a new one to add my thoughts .

so i would start by replying to as much criticisms as i can okay

@jam:

The purpose of the flood, because man grieved him to

his heart, so he started over.

well i believe if you took your time to study the scriptures you would know that the purpose of the flood was a lot bigger than just that, and He definitely did not start over.

@King solomon: The story is completely goofy, and makes YHWH appear to be a bungling boob:

have you by chance watched the movie Minority Report?, well i really wish u have seen that movie. The fact that you know something is going to happen does not mean it has happened. There cant be a fair trail for an act that never took place.

@ Smiddy:My question : Why were all land animals destroyed in the flood ,what sin did they commit?

really?, i suppose you r a vegetarian, no?, what difference does it make how many animals died, its not like any of them got extint in the process.

My next question : Did all of the life forms under the sea (sea Creatures ) die off in the flood ? If no, why not?

obviously you cant kill sea creatures with water, they are called sea creatures for a reason.

@Heartofaboy :Did Noah have lots of unused space on the ark where all the potential passengers his preaching was supposed to save from drowning would have lived during the flood?

how many potential passengers are we talking about? its not like any was left out because there was not enought space for them. Most of them were pretty much like most people now. They didnt give a finger about some stupid flood message. i mean it sounds ridiculous right?. yep. thats exactly what they thought till the floods came.

@Resistance is futile : The flood myth begins to crumble with just the slightest bit of critical thinking. How did Noah preach to those in the Americas?

well probaly because the was no americas. I came about this scripture when i was studing some time ago.

Gen 10:25 And unto Eber were born two sons: the name of one was Peleg; for in his days was the earth divided; and his brother's name was Joktan.

well isnt it interesting that something like this is accounted in the bible?, i mean the earth being divided and all, at least now there is your american for you and it happened after the flood

@OnTheWayOut:

The timing, the logistics, the science- all these do not work out for an actual worldwide flood.

What the flood accomplished was the laying of a foundation to prove the Bible totally false once mankind caught up with how to do that.

this is what i dont understand, now tell me, is this the only story in the bible you find scientifically flawed? wat about the story of the red sea being divided and all? and the story of the creation ? 6 days?

i find it ridicolous how people argue about the flood and totally ignore the fact that the bible it based on the power of God and the things he is capable of.

We tend to rate God by our own limitations and think because its impossible for us then God could not have done it. You are missing the whole point.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Bein' as how it's highly unlikely the event is literal history, well... not too much.

Except maybe scaring fundys into goin' to church.

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Uh, biolflex, why not resurrect the old thread? I cannot remember what anyone said in the old thread, so cannot intelligently respond to your response....

• james_woods
    james_woods

Those dinosaurs just NEEDED killing.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Well, since it never happened; not a dammed thing.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

We tend to rate God by our own limitations and think because its impossible for us then God could not have done it. You are missing the whole point.

There had been many stories told by the ancients expressed specifically to create power and relevance to their specific god(s).

The improbability to this event is weighed not of what a god did or could do but by what mere mortal human beings could do

being that of Noah and his family as participants in this event.

Add in the known biological facts with known physics and you can conclude that its an ancient mythological fictionalized story.

Believing in a fictionalized story is purely dependent and subjective upon the reader's own comprehension.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia
    well probaly because the was no americas. I came about this scripture when i was studing some time ago.
    Gen 10:25 And unto Eber were born two sons: the name of one was Peleg; for in his days was the earth divided; and his brother's name was Joktan.
    well isnt it interesting that something like this is accounted in the bible?, i mean the earth being divided and all, at least now there is your american for you and it happened after the flood

The continents all separated from each other ONLY after the Flood? Within only the past 4,300 years? Several hundred million years of tectonic movement squeezed into what, centuries? Decades?

Currently the Pacific plate moves at a rate of 8-9 centimeters a year. The March 2011 Tohoku earthquake, which was a magnitude 9.0, moved the plate about 24 meters relieving about 300-900 years worth of stress. The energy released shifted the earth's axis by several centimeters and changed the length of day slightly. Now think about that. That was only 24 meters! Continental drift would have to move continents over thousands of miles! Do you realize how many constant 10.0+ earthquakes and devastating tsunamis there would have to be in order to move the continents that fast??

i find it ridicolous how people argue about the flood and totally ignore the fact that the bible it based on the power of God and the things he is capable of.

Because there is actual evidence that things didn't happen that way.

You can imagine any fantasy of things happening contrary to history and then devise an all-powerful being that made it happen that way. Did you know that 9/11 didn't happen? None of it. The whole thing was a fraud. There never was any Twin Towers. We were all brainwashed to believe that by the Matrix. In fact, all of recent history never happened....Not even Obama exists as a real person....it was all implanted in our brain by the all-powerful Matrix that has us all under control. Any evidence to the contrary doesn't matter. I find it ridiculous that people argue about how these events happened and totally ignore that fact that the power of the Matrix is total and can be capable of manipulating everything. Do you doubt the power of the Matrix?

I see that as no different than saying God created the universe in 6 days and any evidence to the contrary is to be dismissed on the grounds that God could do anything.

• bioflex
    bioflex

@King Solomon:

you can look up the old thread if you want, here is the link

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/social/humour/236842/1/What-did-God-accomplish-with-the-flood

@james_wood: Those dinosaurs just NEEDED killing.

did you say dinosaurs? well i didnt know dinosaurs existed a few thousand years ago

@ziddina: Well, since it never happened; not a dammed thing

i suppose it didnt happen because you said so right?

@Finkelstien: There had been many stories told by the ancients expressed specifically to create power and relevance to their specific god(s).

true about that, thats the same reason why we have so many religions, each preaching their own

The improbability to this event is weighed not of what a god did or could do but by what mere mortal human beings could do

being that of Noah and his family as participants in this event.

Add in the known biological facts with known physics and you can conclude thats its an ancient mythological fictionalized story.

its myth because science does not support that notion?.. since when did science and the bible become compatible, science has always been about the knowledge and wisdom of man, the exact opposite of what the bible is.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    did you say dinosaurs? well i didnt know dinosaurs existed a few thousand years ago

There are still dinosaurs. They live on an island about 500 miles from Hawaii.

Nobody has ever come back from there alive.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

science has always been about the knowledge and wisdom of man, the exact opposite of what the bible is.

Yes very true but the bible is about the ignorance of man as proving reference to his own inherent ignorance of the world of which he exists.

Were all the other miracles spoken about by other ancient civilizations toward their gods factual ?

Please give evidence to support whether they didn't or did occur !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit