Do You Think All This New Light Will Rattle Any Of The Witnesses?

by minimus 62 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• John_Mann
    John_Mann

[Captivity is not dependent upon doctrine. It's an issue of authority. The leadership has it all, the individual has none.]

Exactly!

• Glander
    Glander

just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down... OR,

just the threat of shunning helps the medicine go down...

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

This new "light(??)" (which comes from another compact fluorescent light bulb) will do nothing. Just another tiny refinement of the doctrine, about where the spiritual monosodium glutamate and aspartame comes from. If they could handle the generation disaster, they will handle this.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Naaaaaah...

They'll just doze right through it. sleeping sheep

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

Yes!! it will rattle all of them ... one at a time, then as a group... That's why their there, they freakin love it I guess? but really they already believe it

they just don't know it...

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

templeelijah - the very latest it was 1918 if ever, that the JW's lost any holy spirit and direction when from that point onwards they rejected the holy spirit for nearly 30 years and took up spiritism instead. If you are attempting to draw people to you and start your own thing vs teaching the truth, that the 'anointing' is what teaches, then you are just as bad as the GB and just as false.

• falseprophet
    falseprophet

It wouldn't surprise me if half the active JWs think the F&DS is the GB anway. So no change for them.

• biblecheck
    biblecheck

Do You Think All This New Light Will Rattle Any Of The Witnesses?

not at all - they're used to it!

Sweeping old light under the rug

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I have called a couple of older family members about the pending changes to the FDS teaching and it seems to affect them more than younger ones.

If, as an older person today, you grew up preaching about CT Russell and how he was so instrumental in reinstituting the "truth" ... then hearing that he does not even qualify as a member of the FDS may be too hard to swallow.

Rub a Dub

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I have called a couple of older family members about the pending changes to the FDS teaching and it seems to affect them more than younger ones.

If, as an older person today, you grew up preaching about CT Russell and how he was so instrumental in reinstituting the "truth" ... then hearing that he does not even qualify as a member of the FDS may be too hard to swallow.

Rub a Dub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit