Do You Think All This New Light Will Rattle Any Of The Witnesses?

by minimus 62 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• minimus
    minimus

or do you think the sheeple will just follow the GB's words without question?

• sir82
    sir82

No one will understand it, but they will all pretend they do.

"Man this is so deep!" (well something is anyway)

"Thank God the slave class figures these things out for us! I never would have got that point!" (Well yeah, there's a reason for that)

"This just proves how close we are to the end!" (the end of sanity? I agree)

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

Nope.Unfortunately,most humans are sheeple.They are looking for someone to tell them what to do,where,when,how,etc.Humans will never learn.There are still people who claim to be Nazis.Whats that tell ya?

• minimus
    minimus

By the way, does the Slave "class" still exist?

• yknot
    yknot

No....yes....no...

Basically most of those who do will squash it because of their investment in the WTS.....

We will probably get a few on JWN....

The rest will ditto Sir82's comments...

I thought I would start yapping last Sunday but for some reason I am keeping quiet and letting it as my mother and other Sisters say 'digest'....

In fact I am dealing with it all by doing more FS......guess it just shows how screwed up I really am ....

• minimus
    minimus

I told my 86 yr. old mother and she can't believe it. I asked her first to explain what the FDS was, when they came on the scene, etc. then, I told her the "new light".

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Nope not at all!

JW's haven't paid attention to doctrinal changes since the 80's...SMDH!

• Elephant
    Elephant

minimus,

a better question would be, WHY would it rattle any of the witnesses?...this 'new light' is, again, 'new interpretation' of a spiritual subject...it cannot be either proven false or true, the listener must decide and live accordingly...

...as stated elsewhere, individuals who consider themselves as annointed AND with a voice might feel slighted by this...but if I'm of the other sheep, (or annointed) what difference does it make? has my hope changed? is my future altered in any way ?

...i'll admit this makes for a very interesting conversation with fellow jw's and folks here...but (unfortunately for some) the bigger picture remains unchanged...

• yknot
    yknot

@darth "JW's haven't paid attention to doctrinal changes since the 80's...SMDH!"....

Exactly.... stupid 'Avoid Independent Thinking" subtitle and paragraphs 20-22 from the Exposing the Devil's Subtle Designs article (Jan 83)
    '.....remember it was like yesterday, it is like everyone unplugged their discernment.

Been dreading this change for most of my life.......

• minimus
    minimus

I think it makes it PAINFULLY obvious that ALL the YEARS of studying WT. publication has been for nothing! Every Bookstudy or Watchtower Study that dealt with prophecies concerning the FDS is wrong and useless!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit