Do You Think All This New Light Will Rattle Any Of The Witnesses?

by minimus 62 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• donny
    donny

It will affect only the very few who still think for themselves. I remember many years ago there was an article in the Watchtower that was talking about how folks in Christendom just blindy followed their leaders and then posed the question "How many would actually appose if a 4th personage was added to the Trinity doctrine?" That question resonated with me at the time because I saw how easily it applied to followers of the Society. All of the Witnesses beleived the angel of the abyss in Revelation was Satan the Devil until the Babylon books of the 1960's came out and stated that it was Jesus Christ. That was a 180 degree change and few Witnesses had any issue with it.

• minimus
    minimus

Templeijah is back with a new name but same message.

• perfect1
    perfect1

Could it be a way to purge the ranks of dissent

• harleybear
    harleybear

I tend to agree with RubaDub: This new light won't rattle the new ones say coming into the org in the 80"s and since but for old broads like me and my Aunt's and Uncles it will be a little different. I also think however if there is any decention it will be done quietly and not in a mass exodus. Too bad h????

• minimus
    minimus

It has to put a dent in someone's armour!

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

it's got me rattled... I think I should finally get reinstated after 25 years.. the end must be really near.. or Jehovah wouldn't be doing this ...

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Minimus:

I tend to think that any thinking person has either been pushed out or is already headed for the door. This latest nonsense might send a few more out.

As for the rest, they will continue there in a dreamlike state and not think too much about the significant changes that have happened over the last ten years or so. As you said, the religion will probably continue and they would rather have a small strong core than a larger amount of people with vague convictions.

Sir82:

Your post is funny but probably describes what is being said right now in the congregations.

Elephant:

As far as the so-called "anointed" who might feel slighted, TOO bad. I never fell for anybody's claims that they were "anointed" and I paid them no attention.

• the-illuminator81
    the-illuminator81

The JW who understands the current doctrine and studies well enough to identify new light is either bat shit crazy or has already left the organization years ago. All the rest don't understand what they believe right now, and don't study well (or at all) and won't even notice that this is new light and can't compare it with their previous understanding because they never understood it anyway.

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

I had a chance to speak to my nephew (born in) a few weeks ago, and he had absolutely no idea what anything means ( no idea how you arrive to 1914, no idea that Jesus is the mediator for FDS, no idea what the current generation understanding is, no idea that you can take blood fraction, etc etc etc).

Yet, he goes out preaching.... The issue is that preaching these days amounts to something like " Hi, isn't the world bad? Please take this magazine and if it's ok i can come back next week to give you another one" .

This says it all. Most witnesses including my wife have no idea on any of this stuff. They just "know" it has to be "the truth".....and if you challenge that pipe dream you'll draw that person's righteous indignation. They can't explain the bible. They can only talk about certain points of major doctrine in which they've been handed cherry picked scriptures taken out of context to apply. They've been told that "faith without works is dead" therefore in order to earn their ticket to the new system they must perform the works they are told to perform. There is no thinking. It is total and complete trust in the leaders of the organization.

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

OSTS said:

This says it all. Most witnesses including my wife have no idea on any of this stuff. They just "know" it has to be "the truth".....and if you challenge that pipe dream you'll draw that person's righteous indignation. They can't explain the bible. They can only talk about certain points of major doctrine in which they've been handed cherry picked scriptures taken out of context to apply. They've been told that "faith without works is dead" therefore in order to earn their ticket to the new system they must perform the works they are told to perform. There is no thinking. It is total and complete trust in the leaders of the organization.

Yup.

Blind faith is all that's needed.

Remember, this website is not populated by a random sampling of all JWs: instead, heavily biased by those who "thought" their way out of the JWs, using logic. However, some forget that, and thus likely are projecting their way of thinking onto the main group they left, which is an invaild assumption: not everyone relies on pure logic, but emotions, when making decisions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit