Cedars article on new Governing Body changes

by MrsCedars 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• MrsCedars
    MrsCedars

For those who are interested...

http://jwsurvey.org/cedars-blog/governing-body-says-we-are-the-faithful-and-discreet-slave

• soft+gentle
    soft+gentle

thank you mrscedars. this is going to be hard to swallow - I hope my jw family are not that gullible and that they start questioning

• ziddina
    ziddina

Thank you for posting that link!

• Sauerkraut
    Sauerkraut

Thanks Mrs Cedars. And thanks Cedars for writing another interesting article. Sometimes I get the feeling that the GB folks are quickly digging their own "graves". This and the latest BOE letter make them even more open to attack.

@Soft+Gentle: I wouldn't get my hopes up. Sorry to say this, but look at the many things that are already openly wrong, who's bothered with it? Even if people see things going wrong, they'll "wait on Jehovah" and do nothing. They don't see that they have responsibility, they just wait and shut their eyes. It's the same with my family, unfortunately. They won't be phased with this latest change. Many have a "I don't care, I just hope the end comes soon" attitude, it's what they focus on. Doctrinal questions and things that don't add up are of secondary importance.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Veeeery interesting...

One thing I would add, is that Rutherford was known to be keeping at least one mistress while serving - dominating? - the International Bible Students as their president.

So, an organization headed by a serial adulterer, is chosen to be "Christ's mouthpiece"?

Priceless.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

marked

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

This may be the beginning of the end for them. Hopefully, sincere christians will leave this conceited cult.

• cantleave
    cantleave

The rank and file will predominantly take no notice, they will just buy into it and go on with their lives.

• scuba
    scuba

Just discovered your site from this link.... NICE!

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Welcome Scuba !

I agree with Cantleave that the R&F will hardly register this as a blip on their screens as they daily going around with their brains firmly in neutral.

But, combine it with all the latest goings on, the downsizing due too lack of growth, the child abuse scandals, the making of the Meetings more boring than they were when I attended (Jazuz ! it takes some kind of genius to do that !) they bored me constipated then!) and you have a combination of things that must make for a cocktail that when drunk contains the Red Pill.

I never thought in my lifetime that I would see an "Exodus" or "people leaving in droves" as Cedars writes about, but I think now there is just a chance it will build up to that.

I think it will take up to two years or so for all this to come to a head, and to sink in with the mind-controlled Dubs, but many will wake up I now believe.

I do hope so, it would be so gratifying to me if I could see the demise of the W.T in my lifetime.

Thanks for your thoughts and hard work Cedars, and Mrs Cedars too, your contributions here, and support of John are appreciated.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit