Cedars article on new Governing Body changes

by MrsCedars 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• rather be in hades
    rather be in hades

quick question, are the bolded phrases originally like that in the letter? or was that done to highlight what they're saying?

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

RBIH - the new BOE child abuse letter? If you check the scan, you'll see what's bolded in the original.

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

It makes you wonder just how far they're going to go with this power-grab before most jw's realize they've consumed all the crackers and wine and their heading for the throne.

• VM44
    VM44

Wasn't the Watchtower "Governing Body" originally the board of directors of The Watchtoewr Corporation(s)? That is, the concept of the GB came not from the Bible, but from Unitied States corporation law.

• Simon Morley
    Simon Morley

This is malevolent on the part of the GB. Here was a golden opportunity to perhaps set the matter straight and to reajust their thinking. This puts them above the law, the very existence of which exists in relative position to God. In turn they put themselves above the perfect law of God. They even have the audacity to crack open the door on future priveledges being extended? Damn them all - once a child abuser always a child abuser unless they have their genitals surgically removed and go on a steady diet of saltpeter. What would a R&F dub do if they saw or came to knowledge of a non Witness negighbour sexually abusing a child??? They would report them to the police!!!! how is this any different!! Now I am really angry.....

• Simon Morley
    Simon Morley

Sorry, wrong topic!! still mad at them....

• rather be in hades
    rather be in hades
    RBIH - the new BOE child abuse letter? If you check the scan, you'll see what's bolded in the original.

awesome! thank you, i must've missed that. how long does it take for these things to trickle down to the rank and file?

i remember when they'd read letters from the platform, but i never paid attn

this seems way too heavy for them to read off the platform without a whole lot of truth massaging

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I think this "change" is no big deal. That's what my understanding always was. They speak of things like the F&DS providing spiritual food (in the form of literature). Who does that? All the annointed? No, the Governing Body.

But they always allowed the impression that worldwide, there was some coonnection or consultation with all the "annointed." I remember hearing of this when I was studying back in the late 80's. Whether the the GB actually beleived it was irrelevent, they allowed publishers to think that all the annointed were part of that slave.

On another note, don't they make referance to those who will "hold the skirt of a Jew" as the great crowd following the annointed? So is the whole great crowd now holding the skirt of one of eight "Jews"?

• rather be in hades
    rather be in hades

but the cutting out of russell who started the whole nutty thing?

• sir82
    sir82

This change will piss off the 4 or 5 thousand who began to partake at memorial over the past 3 or 4 years, but for everyone else, it will be met with a collective yawn.

As many of the above comments reflect, the GB have been building toward this for many years now. In the minds of most JWs, the GB already was the FDS.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit