Cedars article on new Governing Body changes

by MrsCedars 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Aware!
    Aware!

The sad part is that I can't ask any questions without seeming like an apostate; they'll go in cult mode right away.

• Eustace
    Eustace

Interestingly, Rutherford was in favor of blood transfusions.

It sure would save a lot of lives if they went back to the Rutherford way.

Not that Rutherford was a nice guy or anything, but compared to the GB nowadays he was nearly a saint!

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Superb!

• soft+gentle
    soft+gentle

sauerkraut

what you say is true - most won't think about the implications of the new light. on the other hand I am hoping that my family will be amongst the few who do want to think for themselves. plus there is a lot of info available about the what the faithful and discreet parable means if they decide to check - I have also had generalised discussions about this illustration. I see that leolaia is also tackling this complicated subject at the moment

• jws
    jws

I think this "change" is no big deal. That's what my understanding always was. They speak of things like the F&DS providing spiritual food (in the form of literature). Who does that? All the annointed? No, the Governing Body.

Whether it was the official stance of the JWs or not, that's the thought that's always been put forward.

There are many esoteric teachings that the JWs, if pushed, could never recite or relate back to scripture. Think of all the esoteric this-class and that-class stuff. When this is disseminated through the WT, it will be one of those difficult studies where most people will just tune out mentally and wait for it to be over. Few will be paying attention enough to notice a change. And most of those who pick up on the thought won't notice it as anything different.

Maybe when framed like Cedars presents it, it would raise eyebrows, but not the way it will be buried and talked around when presented.

Cedars has a way of not understanding actual JW minds or culture. His heart's in the right place, but he has a tendancy to sensationalize things.

• mind blown
    mind blown

GB does not come up with WT study spiritual food. The writing dept does (which I'm sure are not all anointed). The only thing GB provides is an avenue.

I don't think most JW's will even bat an eye. But those who have been weary of GB worship? This is one more nail on the coffin. I dunno, it will be intertaining to see how they'll offically explain this one away.

To me, Russel, as well as current GB, have always TRIED to be prophets while thinking they had special magical knowledege (patting themselves on the back) while everyone else were lowly peons. But in reality it's all so human, imperfect, sinful, shameful (bible words) in need of redemtion, save themselves from themselves, type of thing. I don't recall early apostles being deep thinkers (having visions or trying to interpet or pouring hours upon hours over Jesus secret meanings)...they'd ask, and Jesus would interpet or fall asleep under a tree somewhere.......zzzzzzz

This hot mess is just another overlapping generation explaination, buying them more time. Also, did Ray Franz believe in latest new light? I can't remember? Well, the whole thing is damn disgusting as it is.......

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Actually, come to think of it, during my indoctrination process I was always taught that the Gb were the faithful slave. And by extension, that if you disobeyed the WT you were turning your back on Jehovah. During my pre-baptismal questions that was all emphasised too.

I'm at the point where none of that any longer cuts any ice with me at all, but at the time I sucked it all up like a good little JW.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

This explains why in yesterday's watchtower the governing body is referred to as "the Kingdom of God"

• Desilusionnee
    Desilusionnee

bookmarked for later

• rather be in hades
    rather be in hades

how soon does the rank and file learn of the new changes?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit