Cedars article on new Governing Body changes

by MrsCedars 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

So the clergy class has reveiled itself

• steve2
    steve2

I guess it will rid the organization of that audacious - and now probably mostly deceased - old-time breed of witnesses from Rutherford's day who maintained they were specially privileged because of belonging to the anointed remnant.

Every congregation had at least one - and sometimes two or more - dear old souls who blindly believed they were in some way "above" the other sheep and were less of need of 'meat in due season' because they were part of the faithful and discreet slave class providing the meat.

One dear old sister in my congregation made the calmly dignified claim she knew what was written in the Watchtower magazine even before it was published. No one questioned her probably because either they (a) really believed her or (b) thought she was lovably senile. I thought she was a lovely but duped woman who was simply expressing a belief that witnesses at one time were "allowed" to believe. The teaching was ever so quietly put to sleep over the years because it no longer accommodated the ever-changing interpretations of who or what was the faithful and discreet slave.

It just goes to show how bizarre behaviours often go hand in hand with bizarre teachings.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

What a bunch of complete and utter hooey.

The Governing Body is finally admitting that they are the "pope with many heads" but it is a role they have been playing all along.

• Fistandantilus
    Fistandantilus

Fix that pic dan sydlik, the first guy has been dead for a long time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit