Atheist Miracles

by Perry 130 Replies latest jw friends

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    The real athiest miricle...? That we still click on a perry thread
  • Perry
    Perry
    I 'liked' both of your posts because you are a kick. You're like a witness and householder arguing at a door. Always entertaining, and lucky to find, since it kept me from having to take the next door myself. Remember that? Heaven!

Yes I do. Exhilarating, as wrong as we were.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    How is it any more ridiculous than, something made people out of dust and kills them for eating fruit. Gets pissed off at snakes and takes away their legs, floods the whole world and sends his son on a kamikaze mission to calm himself down, and then expect us to kiss his murderous ass?

Yeah, the thing is- even if you want to believe in a god who started it all, arriving at the total crap of the Bible with the Garden and the flood and the exodus and the guy nailed to a cross, is such a huge leap. You can't justify the second one just because you insist on the first one.

The universe did NOT have a creation event, it always existed. The
    Big Bang was always there and this started the universe.
    Time, without it nothing must have always existed, it can not have a
    beginning because either would create a moment in time. Without
    time it would be meaningless to ask its existence and that of the universe.
    When the universe was created it was simply there all the time, existing
    in the same way as nothing, as it always has.

Yes, but that is a little advanced for the likes of Perry because it isn't written in the Bible.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    Of course, Perry's creator god has to be his version of the biblical god. Never mind that there are Christians who believe in theistic evolution or Deists who believe that God created the Universe.
  • Perry
    Perry
    The universe did NOT have a creation event, it always existed.

Most science textbooks teach that the Big Bang started the universe, so this seems unconventional from a naturalism point of view.

The Big Bang was always there and this started the universe.
    So, the universe did and at the same time did not have a start? But the Big Bang, is self existing or was "always there" and this is what did and at the same time did not start the universe? Isn't it easier to believe in God who is self existing and always existing?; especially in light of the information required for life? If not, explain how this does not violate Occam's Razor and where the information for life came from?

Without time it would be meaningless to ask its existence and that of the universe.
    When the universe was created it was simply there all the time, existing
    in the same way as nothing, as it always has.
    You speak of the universe both being created and always existing. Please clarify if the Big Bang in your view is self existing (outside of time) or if the universe is.

I agree that the universe is nothing more than vibrational manipulation to create the illusion of matter, time and space.... from the point of view of outside the fabric (and a magnificent "illusion" I might add). But what caused this "just so" cosmological constant?

Isn't it easier to believe in agency, existing outside of the space time fabric to fabricate the "just so" conditions that are observable?

• Viviane
    Viviane
    Most science textbooks teach that the Big Bang started the universe, so this seems unconventional from a naturalism point of view.

Really? You've personally evaluated every textbook in the world to determine this? I only ask because, if not, you're a fraud.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Perry,

So, the universe did and at the same time did not have a start? But the Big Bang, is self existing or was "always there" and this is what did and at the same time did not start the universe? Isn't it easier to believe in God who is self existing and always existing?; especially in light of the information required for life?

I already addressed your points on the first page of this thread. Here it is once more:

"Perry, that sign that you mentioned is based on outdated science. Today Cosmologists are beginning to realize that our universe is part of a multiverse - a universe of universes. The multiverse would be eternal and that would be no different than your claiming that your god, supposed creator of anything, is also eternal."

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Perry,

"If not, explain how this does not violate Occam's Razor and where the information for life came from?"

Perry's clone: Stars shine because angels keep pouring in star fuel into them so that they don't stop shining.

Occam, I'd rather believe what astrophysicists say even though it may be more complicated than your answer.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Guys some people need to be told what to do. Even if it's from invisible sky fairies. Invisible sky fairy gives his orders to man run ego factory who loves telling people what to do, and the sheep line up to be bossed around. It's a symbiotic relationship we can observe like some kind of cult zoological expirament. So don't be too hard on perry the pirate. He needs this shit or he might not know what to do and become a homicidal maniac if yhwh wasn't holding him back. godspeed pman

• Perry
    Perry

Multiverse implications are explored here:

https://vimeo.com/34468027

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit