Message from Oompa's Family re Obit and Memorial!!!

by AGuest 62 Replies latest jw friends

• Deceived
    Deceived

Thank you this is so good to hear. I didn't know him in person but I know him from this forum and followed his posts and outpouring of his life after learning that the truth was not the truth.
    I felt for him and feel so sad that this wonderful man's life was taken away from us far too soon. He deserves a memorial and his loved ones need it to help them get through this tragic loss.

My sincere condolences to his family and close friends.

• JustThatGirl007
    JustThatGirl007

Very glad there will be a remembrance service for him.

I didn't know Eric. I don't follow JWN very religiously (if you'll pardon that lol). But my husband does, and another family member does. I know Oompa made quite an impact on the lives of those he touched. I hope this is a beautiful event that can show Eric the respect and honor he deserves.

~ JTG007

• AGuest
    AGuest
    Shelby, can you ask whether his company's work address is the appropriate one to send sympathy cards?

I will, dear JB (again, peace to you!). I have received a little more info and have asked permission to post it here, which I will do if granted.

Dear Palm... the greatest of love and peace to you, dear one, and if you (or any else) wish I can see if this family member would like to communicate with you, directly, since you were close to dear Eric. I can only surmise that more communication and allowing them to express themselves, too, will help them in their time of grief, as well. I am only involved because of the memorial website, for which I included my email address and so gave the family someone "out here" to contact, if they wished. I realize that some may have thought that was in bad taste... perhaps even overstepping someone else's "rights"... but I was truly hoping someone WOULD see it... and know that Eric was loved. Cards and flowers will do that, too, but don't necessarily provide a means for others to respond, etc. If these who loved Eric saw it, then perhaps that part of his family who WANTED to love him... but were afraid to show for fear of offending the WTBTS/"Jehovah"... might have, too. Perhaps maybe even be moved to... I dunno... think about what they're truly doing... why... and for whom.

Please, just let me know, dear one - I have NO problem handing this over to you. I just managed to perhaps pave a little way, is all.

Again peace to you, both!

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• still thinking
    still thinking

To Tyler and Travis and family

My thoughts are with you at this terrible time....

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Yes, please, Shelby. I would appreciate that.

And get their preference of address for cards/flowers, if possible. I know Mags was trying to get an address, too.

Some who live near Eric are interested in attending a memorial service, if that's okay with his sons. Can we be kept informed of when and where that will be?

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

My very deepest condolences go out to Eric's family and his loving friends. We feel sorrow because of the circumstances....but we know that at last he has found the peace that eluded him in his trials. I truly look forward to....and long for the day that all mankind will be joined in peace and harmony.....who will sincerely love and care for one another from the heart.....and care for the resored earth we will all share as our home.

• AGuest
    AGuest

Dear Palm... again, the greatest of love and peace to you! I have permission to give you an email address so please check your email in a few minutes.

In the meantime, for those who wish to know, following are the email exchanges between me and Eric's sister Teri's partner, Robin (who gave me permission):

Re were to send flowers/cards and why:

The business is run at this point by his 1st exwife who is a JW & her JW sister, and his current JW wife is employed there as well. Perhaps its best to use our address 8 Bitter Creek Ln Greensboro NC 27407. Teri & I will make sure that all is shared w/ Tyler.

Some insight on Eric:

Thank you so much and thanks to all on the site. Eric battled many demons and unfortunately he succumbed. We had hoped that him surviving the awful attempt of crashing his cycle would be a turning point for him but it was not. Eric was so wonderful when he was up and livin life, but his downward spirals continued and finally took over any lightness. His sons found him late Thursday night. Teri and I found out on Friday. His parents & JW not yet exwife say that nothing will be done. Teri, his older sister, has spoken to his eldest son Tyler and his intention is to have a remembrance and today said that he would be doing a proper obit. He is an adult but still very young and we know that it is a struggle for him with no support from his grandparents etc. Teri has spent the day reading posts on the ex JW site, ever since we found it and is very moved even in her sadness of the outpouring from your members. Teri did the slow fade many years ago or she certainly would have been shunned as he was for her lifestyle alone. She wished that Eric could have found true happiness away from the lies as she has and is truly in shock at the all to early loss of her brother. Thank you for relaying my original email.

Teri has quite a strong support system of our "chosen" family & friends. Hopefully Tyler will have mde some memorial decisions etc soon and we will let you know. Thanks.

I realize how hard this has been on all of us and so apologize if I've stepped on any toes in MY zeal to honor dear Eric's memory.

Again, peace to you, all!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey Shelby..

Thanks for keeping us Up to Date..

...........................OUTLAW

• AGuest
    AGuest

More...

also Tyler Oompa's eldest son is out, however his brother Travis is not. just for clarification purposes since quite a few posters seem to think that both are free.

Peace!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

AGUEST - Thanks for the information, and please forward my love and condolences to the family. It's nice to see people showing TRUE Christian spirit!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit