Message from Oompa's Family re Obit and Memorial!!!

by AGuest 62 Replies latest jw friends

• Giordano
    Giordano

To Tyler and any family/friends that are reading this. I only knew him as Oompa........ now as Eric. I have been an ex witness for 45 years but come here to listen and debate with the only people I've found who shared the same experiences.

Among the thousands who post here Eric stood out so I always made it a point to read what he had to say. I'd answer him as well. He was intelligent, kind and caring.

I am ashamed to say that I missed the signs about his despair. I guess we all did. That two sentence Obituary tore up a lot of us and enraged many others. I'll look forward to a real and loving review of Eric's life.

We are sorry for your lose and ours.

P.S. Thank you AGuest

• sd-7
    sd-7

That's a very touching sentiment. Very glad to hear it. Thank you for sharing it with us.

--sd-7

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Good to hear Shelby !!

That's a great confirmation to here the family is aware of the board and all the love he's receiving here.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Eric and I met here and because of some life experiences we had in common, we became friends quickly. I lived in Canada though, so we talked on the phone.

Later, when I moved to the US and had to be apart from my husband for several months, Eric knew I was lonely and called very often to make sure I was okay. In February, I finally got to meet my friend in person! We both commented at how the REAL us, were exactly like the ON-LINE us.

Travis and Tyler, your dad loved you both so much and was so proud of you both. He talked about you all the time! It was obvious that you young men were the most important thing in his life. My heart aches for the pain you must feel right now.

My deepest condolences for your loss.

Palmtree (Tamra)

• somebody
    somebody

Thank you again shelby!

((((palmtree67))))

peace,

somebody/gwen

• Violia
    Violia

Thank you Shelby and I am so happy there are those in his family that cared. Thank you Eric's sister's partner.

• sizemik
    sizemik

To Tyler and Travis and family . . .

Please accept my heartfelt condolences for your tragic loss.

• nugget
    nugget

Eric was a lovely man who truly touched my heart. Though physically gone I will cherish his comments and the memories I hold of him. He will be missed not just today but constantly he was that special.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I'm so glad to hear that normal people in Oompa's family are involved in his obituary and service. Shelby, can you ask whether his company's work address is the appropriate one to send sympathy cards?

• tec
    tec

Thanks Shelby.

To his loved ones, I did not know him well at all. But I am glad to have known him even a little bit. He was so vibrant a person, he drew attention to himself just by being here. I will miss him, and I am so sorry for your loss and pain.

Peace and love and strength to you all,

tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit