Message from Oompa's Family re Obit and Memorial!!!

by AGuest 62 Replies latest jw friends

• shamus100
    shamus100

Can you just IMAGINE what they are going through right now?

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I have not been able to read the other thread about Eric. It just really saddens me that another has been lost forever to the wTS rules on shunning. I am very glad to hear that something will be done for the family to find some closure to the passing of their father.

In the words of Shelby: May peace be with you.

• AGuest
    AGuest

Oh, shoot, dear Palm (peace!) - I meant check your PM. Sorry!

Peace!

SA

• eva luna
    eva luna

You did good Shelby. Thank you for the update.

One question ...because Travis is not out , would cards be a bad idea?

• AGuest
    AGuest

My understanding is that cards (and/or flowers) would indeed be welcome by dear Eric's other son, Tyler, who IS out, and his sister, Teri... at Teri's address at 8 Bitter Creek Lane, Greensboro NC 27407, dear Mary (peace to you, dear one!).

A note to all: I have had mail returned by the postal service due to it being addressed to someone not known at the address. I would suggest, then, that if you do send something... whether a card and/or flowers... it be addressed to dear Eric... "care of (c/o) Teri Reeder" (his sister) to ensure it gets delivered.

Just my $.04...

Again, peace to you!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I thought all his sons were not Witnesses. If one still is, it makes things a lot more complicated. When were active, my parents did not relish receiving mass cards, Xmas cards, etc. but realized that the people who sent them cared about us. My extended family acted as if someone had pointed a gunm at them and shot to murder if only a Christmas card. So what is the best policy?

My gut is too send a neutral card, which I would do anyway. To send it seems rude. I've been out a long, long time, though, and have no instinct.

Does anyone know what a time frame for the memorial service would be?

• mostlydead
    mostlydead

This is very comforting news...thank you to everyone that was involved in communicating this to us. And my deepest sympathy to the Reeder family. Eric's presence here will be greatly missed.

• VIII
    VIII

Thank you Selby!

Eric passing has affected me deeply on the heels of my sisters death less than a year ago. She was totally shunned by our family after her DFing.

Thank you for doing this.

Hugs!

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Thank you, Shelby!

Thank you so much, Robin... peace and strength to you and Teri, Tyler, and Travis. We can't thank you enough for keeping us updated. Please do let us know about a memorial.

(Gorgeous, Precious Palm! You know how I love you!)

Love,
    Baba.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Thank you for this information. I have seen one tribute on Youtube, and hope to see many more.

Danm.

If only...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit