What Can We Do to Show How We Cared about Oompa?

by Band on the Run 69 Replies latest jw friends

• AGuest
    AGuest

One doesn't even need to use their real name/email address, dear IQ (peace to you!) - you can create dummies for both and just do the "Free 14-Day Trial". If every one of us makes a separate memorial... think of what that means?! For 2 weeks... it'll be about Eric... and that he WAS loved and WILL be remembered by many... even though he saw TTATT. We can't help him now, but we can do THAT for him.

I hope folks step up: continuing to hide only gives them strength. We can't take issue with what they wrought if, when given an opportunity (that requires nothing more than our love and a few minutes of our time) we just turn our backs and close our ears/eyes. We, then, become part of the problem/tragedy.

I can't do it.

Again, peace to you!

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• I quit!
    I quit!

Dagney, Outlaw, I also like the idea of sending cards to the family to show that there were people who cared about him.

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

Hmmm.... is there an address for his Kingdom Hall?

• CrimsonBleu
    CrimsonBleu

I wish all of us here could just show up at his hall and destroy it, like they did him....A great crowd indeed.

This was indeed senseless. A terrible loss.

• AGuest
    AGuest

Oh, I meant "why not both" as to sending flowers to the KH AND his parents' home... and not as to a separate thread.

Peace!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Shelby..

Sending flowers and cards to the Kingdom Hall is a nice gesture..

Unfortunately they will never be seen by anyone..

They will get tossed in a heartbeat..

We should be sending cards and flowers to Erics family..

Thats were it will make an Impact..

................................. OUTLAW

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I asked a similar question in the other thread.

We need to do something to celebrate Eric's life and validate his suffering. I am just not sure what that is.

I have not hear anything yet that meets this threshold.

• Giordano
    Giordano

We have the newspaper address with that pathetic two line Obituary.

Perhaps those that knew him best could provide us with a more intimate view of his life and times, his love for his children, the circumstances behind his being DA and his difficulties getting his life back on track.

Then we ask the paper to publish it and if they want to charge we pony up the money.

That way even strangers can read about this man and the Elders and congregation has to live with the shame.

• Dagney
    Dagney

I personally don't think the family will read the cards either. But they cannot deny the fact they were sent, and if they toss them, they can just live with that act the rest of their lives, along with the painful memory of what happened to Eric.

I was thinking it more of a show of love to his children, and I believe his sister was df, not pos about that.

• AGuest
    AGuest

I hear you, dear OUTLAW (peace to you!).

Dear Gio (peace to you!)... or anyone else who might be interested... you can post a memorial to Eric FREE for 14-days here:

http://memorialwebsites.legacy.com/OompaAKAEricReed/homepage.aspx

Just click on the "Create A Memorial Webite" icon on the left-hand side.

You don't need to pay anything. You don't need to use your real name (use your JWN avatar or something similar!). His birth/death date info is available. His photo is on his FB page. Choose a newspaper (I chose the one in which his obit was published, the News-Recorder because I am hoping his family, other JWs, the WTBTS, and anyone else who should will see it).

That's it, that's all. No skin off anyone's anything.

Peace!

A slave of Christ,

SA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit