What Can We Do to Show How We Cared about Oompa?

by Band on the Run 69 Replies latest jw friends

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Good Idea SHelby but the question is does his family know about that website and if folks here do go to that website and say they knew Eric from this werbsite . . . I think that would be a big turnoff to them, getting condolences from "those evil apostates".

BTW, girl, I just have to mention that I picture the originator of this thread just seething saying to herself "why did she take over MY thread" ! - LOL

well, she didn't, she just came up with a good idea that a few folks here are in agreement with

• loosie
    loosie

I would like to know the address of where we can send cards to the parents and children. I couldn't find any address online. Can someone PM me with the info?

• brizzzy
    brizzzy

Perhaps send the sympathy cards/flowers to his sons' attention, but c/o the parents' address? That way the parents see the outpouring of support, but they can't toss the cards/flowers, but rather will have to pass them on to his boys - who hopefully can glean at least some comfort from them?

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Here is the address for Eric's business that he owned.

His sons names are Travis and Ty. The boys were both OUT, so they would probably appreciate the cards.

If cards are in their names, I'm sure there will be employees of Eric's that will pass them on to the boys.

1208 East Mountain St.

Kernersville, NC

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Thank you for providing the address for his business. Would definitely like to send something their way.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    the question is does his family know about that website

Not sure, dear Miz Shirl (the greatest of love and peace to you, girl!). When you create your site it asks where you want it published and I chose the same paper where the short obit is, so... My thinking is that if anyone did a search for "Eric Reeder" they would be directed there. And you know how I believe in and feel about JAH's will - LOL!

and if folks here do go to that website and say they knew Eric from this website . . . I think that would be a big turnoff to them, getting condolences from "those evil apostates".

Perhaps, dear one. OR... some could actually be experiencing Borg "lonliness" themselves and go, "Hey, wait a minute, he had FRIENDS before this? People LOVED him?? You can leave the Borg and make friends... with people who understand what you feel and think like you do?? Maybe what the "Society" says isn't completely true!" If I was a finger-crossin' woman, that's what I would hope for. Along with the [okay, slim] chance that the PAPER will take note, if they receive a BUNCH of these memorials and ask what's up ("Wait, who was this guy, Eric Reed, and what are all these people on about/memorializing him FOR?")... if not do an investigative piece. Yes, it is exploiting what happened to dear Eric just a tad... but I would bet all I own that he would want it, if not to pay tribute to himself, to potentially help anyone of those responsible take some kind of note... or help prevent a similar demise with someone. It might even direct someone here (and I could have directed them a different site, if you get my drift).

So... win-win, IMHO, except perhaps not for the WTBTS/local congregation leaders.

BTW, girl, I just have to mention that I picture the originator of this thread just seething saying to herself "why did she take over MY thread" ! - LOL

You know, I thought of that, dear one, as well as just creating an entirely new post given our "history," but decided to give the OP the benefit of the doubt and assign some level of maturity to both of us, under the circumstances. And so I TRULY hope what you suggest ISN'T the case because, again... this isn't about either one of US, but someone we mutually regarded and perhaps loved. In such a case, there really is no place for our personal opinions of one another: plenty of other times, threads, and and topics for that but not now, here, or this topic. So I posted here, rather than do another thread (which I actually thought would be insulting TO the OP), in the HOPES that for just a few seconds and under the circumstances others can (and will) put any issues with me aside and keep in mind that others cared about dear Oompa, too... and so ANY ideas to show what ANY of us can do is fitting.

[Also, the post indicated no one in particular in its address and while I realize some might not regard me as part of "we", such should have been clarified were that that case... under the circumstances. I wasn't, so I felt... free.]

So, now, back to dear Eric's situation...

Peace to you, dear one!

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

Thank you Palm I was wondering if that was the correct address. I think it would be great if we all sent something to that address and let them see an avalanche of affection.

• NOLAW
    NOLAW

Can we have dedicated pages for the victims of Watchtower here or on Freeminds?

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

By working backwards through the 'net, I found the name of Eric's business:

Perfection Plus

1208 East Mountain St.

Kernersville, NC

Quite likey Travis and Ty Reeder could get cards sent to them at their Dad's business address.

I like the idea Giorano offered of paying to place and article in whatever paper serves Kernersville, NC so that the general population of that area will know to what degree the Watchtower was involved in destroying a good man. Let the elders of the congregation that disfellowshipped him reap the harvest of the heartache they have sown. I cannot write the article, but I will consider it a priviledge to help carry the cost of getting it published.

Let's pursue this idea, PLEASE.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Perhaps I am older but a website seems tacky. We don't need the Internet to send handwritten cards or commercial cards to which we add a few lines to personalize it. I want him validated the classical way. Personally, I would like a corporate card from all of us or flowers from all of us to his family or whatever. We can also send our own cards and flowers.

I think Freeminds or WT docs is a good choice-only if his closest friends here are willing to state that there is where Oompa would have wanted money to go. Personally, I would favor a neutral suicide prevention agency than a group biased to our way of thiking. Freeminds, etc. would not be a bad idea but I want to focus to be on Oompa. I think that would be a class act. We can suspend the Wt wars for a day or two. Unless Oompa would want them clobbered.

I strongly feel this should be elegant, even as I struggle with what constitutes elegant. Apostate statements for the sake of apostate arguments will not mean much compared to our showing our love and demonstrating that we loved him despite any character flaws he may have had. Suicide and anger at his suicide cannot distract our love. We need to take a higher road than the WT. He was a real person to us, not only a casualty in the WT wars. Regardless of whether he was a Witness once or not, Oompa made a difference. He had his own value.

IMO, of course. I want his friends or even a close friend to explain what would be best.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit