What Can We Do to Show How We Cared about Oompa?

by Band on the Run 69 Replies latest jw friends

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Shirley. Shelby did not hijack my thread. First,I don't view it as my thread but a request for suggestions from those close to Oompa. I don't agree with Shelby but I understand her sentiments. Can't Oompa's death be worth a true in the Band/Shelby fights. I believe you cheapened his memory by your inappropriate comments here. Shelby addressed the issue raised. So, you posted anoter shot at me. A shot that diminishes you. This is not a normal thread or normal time. Oompa felt so much despair and lack of hope that he killed himself. This is very sobering, not time for another round of pettiness. My response to Shelby is primarily a cultural, tradition one. Her comments are appreciated by me. No one has to agree with me. I certainly do not need or value your endorsement. It is so small-minded. Oompa's death has caused many of us to cry. It certainly pushes triggers about shunning. I am willing to do whatever a consesus here thinks is prudent. The comment that flowers are expensive and the family/KH might reject delivery is a valuable contribution. JWs are so hard to interact with. Normal human sentiments don't seem to apply.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

P.S. I would never seethe over Shelby and you b/c I have manners and realize the relative importance of things. You are invested in my destructin enough to raise the issue whereas frankly, I don't give a damn. The attention should be on Oompa.

• tec
    tec

Thanks for those addresses Palm.

I agree with the newspaper memorial, both the on-line one that Shelby did, and also one for his own, where he lived. I am thinking that if as many of us could also write something in the newspapers of where WE live; well, then he is being spoken of and remembered in many places.

Peace,

tammy

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Very interesting post Counselor, I thought you'd be seething because you were the first on the condolences thread for Oompa to bring it down Remember the sentence below: Cannot believe A Guest's comments. Plain speaking has its place. As for your latest post, below the three comments referring to ME stand out to me: I believe you cheapened his memory by your inappropriate comments here A shot that diminishes you b/c I have manners and realize the relative importance of things Sounds like you forgot your above statement from the original Oompa thread !! Counselor - just want to point out I really feel no need to go back and forth with this, but the move is up to you.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Non-Counselor,

You should be ashamed of yourself. Your statements speak for themselves. Nothing I can possibly post argues my point so well as your statements. Shelby is a grown woman, capable of speaking for herself.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

What we need to do concerning the local paper is to find out which paper it is and then, it editorial and letters to the editor policy. If it gets too antiWatchtower, they will not publish it. Perhaps a short piece about the effects of shunning, with much loved local man as an example. Does the family care if the cause of his death is public?

I like the idea a lot. It serves as a memorial and has an educational component. I think it is elegant.

I would be willing to help draft the document. If close friends of Oompa are available, they could give it a very human touch.

Someone has to assume responsibility for locating the appropriate paper and determining what they will allow us to do.

Isn't it sad that we only have a business address? My JW family would freak out of their minds to get condolence cards. A Christmas card from an acquaintance could send them to the mental hospital. All this maneuvering to do something simple makes me angry.

Could we eulogize Oopma through the article? It is a great way to pay him tribute.

What do others think?

Would there be someone for people on the forum to list their names or even their user names to show our agreement?

• Aware!
    Aware!

Does anyone know a good website to send flowers to his address? I found this one doing a quick google search: http://www.sendflowers.com/funeral-sympathy/funeral-flowers-gifts

WE could all send our own flowers without needing a proxy, but it would be better if we did it on the same day, for emphasis.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Ummm - Re the last senctence in BOTR's above post, can anybody here please help me find where Shelby is mentioned in my post from 2 hours ago? (the cut and paste that mentions "A GUEST" is from BOTR's post) ? Thanks

Ya know, quite sometime ago, somebody who posts here frequently and seems to be one of board faves has said that (in conversation, it wasn't mentioned hear on the board) we should "cut you some slack" so to speak, when some of your posts seem to take off in so many directions ,since you're usually under the influence of morphine because of your chronic pain, so I guess I'll just have to do that.

(and btw if the above isn't true please don't try to argue the point with me, the information was relayed to me)

• still thinking
    still thinking

Thank you Palmtee....

I hope you are feeling a little better today.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Honestly, Shirley....please stop.

Some of us are truly grieving here.

I have never had any beef with you, but please....stop.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit