SAD news about OOMPA......

by redredrose 630 Replies latest jw friends

• WildeLover
    WildeLover

awful to hear such news. I never knew Oompa but my sympathies to all those who know him and love him

WildeLover

• tornapart
    tornapart

That obituary is heartbreaking. Heartbreaking in it's 'nothingness'. Heartbreaking in all the things it doesn't say.

Whether we knew him personally or simply from coming across him on here, he was 'one of us'. We understand his pain, his despair, his isolation. We know why he did it. We know what made him do it.

We may have only known him very briefly but we will never forget him.

• carla
    carla

Can anybody write a proper obit for him or must it be family? Maybe one of our more gifted writers could write something? how much could it cost to put an obit in the paper?

• blindnomore
    blindnomore

Eric, I am so sorry you were in so much pain. I am davastated by the news. It's after 5 am here. I haven't been able to sleep all night in thinking about you and all the pain you had gone through. It really hit me hard. I couldn't stop crying. Rest in Peace, you are loved, Eric

I would like to pay for a better obit for Eric. I understand Idian Larry is from the area. Could you or anyone write more respectful obit? PM me the cost I will wire the expenses.

• mind blown
    mind blown

The WTS is to blame ......:*(

It's like being blind folded by your family, taken to the desert, and coldly dropped off in the dead of night. No phone, food, shelter. The only thing you can feel is a cruel rejection by the ones you loved so very much.

You may have gathered few friends along the way, and been able to push it out of your mind for week or four, but your friends go home at the end of the night, and your work is over, then the rememberence and feeling of cruel rejection from the ones you loved creeps in once again.

Pictures around the house, or a song played, or the simple trigger of a familiar scent. Again the rememberence of that cruel rejection.....is stabbing at your heart......how can anyone just get over it......

What is rediculous is our families buy into the BS stories they are told in the WT that we will come back. But how can we, when we know the truth about the so called truth.

I had spoke with a JW family member about a business issue *wink* a few days ago and shared a story of another family member who had a break down. She had the audacity to tell me, well that's what happens when one isn't doing what they are supposed to be doing. I replyed, how can you say that when many JW in the organization are doing what they are supposed to do, and have fallen the same fate of a break down!

JW are in a trance which is hard to break.

I hope Erics mother is heart broken and not as cold as many have turned ......

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

I was snuggled up with my wife on the sofa last night. While she was watching X Factor I was idly flicking through JWD on my smartphone and came across this horrible news. She felt me tense up and asked what was wrong so I told her what I knew about Eric and how he finally reached this awful point in his life . . . .

I couldn't find the words to make a post last night and I'm struggling now.

Rest easy Eric, you'll never be forgotten.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXqDyytuRvo

• Fernando
    Fernando

A reminder that we need to be kind towards each other on JWN and supportive too regardless of differences in belief...

We often know little about others' struggles...

Especially if they are putting on a brave and strong face...

• Deceived
    Deceived

I am shocked and insulted for Eric about that cold, loveless, uncaring Obit. But then thats the JW way even if you are in good standing. The funerals are awful and no one seems to show any feeling. The JW religion has made robots out of their members and I feel sorry for them too that they have no feelings.

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

We are absolutely at a loss for words and so just kept putting off posting on this thread. Still can't really absorb the shocking news, but know we have to. Eric was a special person who won't be forgotten. If only he could have known how special he was to so many of us, just maybe...

Barbara and Joe

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

I always enjoyed Eric's (OOPMA's) posts. I thought he was witty and cheerful. I am sorry he made this choice. I hope he finds some peace.

-CF

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit