Another Family With JW Ties Murdered in Oregon

by Monica 41 Replies latest jw friends

• JT
    JT

Pandora says:

Oh, and nice use of that highly Christian word "Fu**"
    Sounded real nice coming from someone who "loves Jehovah." Hypocrosy at its grandest.

@@@@@@@@

I caught that as well kinda made me think that he is a former jw just messing around trying to play Devil's Advocate

• JT
    JT

A Bible Believer says:

"Thinking that there might be a hell was the only thing that kept me from committing suicide."

##########

this is a very powerful comment - while i am so thankful that this person did not take thier life

thier comment shows that whether a person is a jw or not

the basic bible believer is one who lives and makes choices based on FEAR--------------

FALSE- EVIDENCE -APPEARING --REAL

YOU GOT to feeel sorry for any person who makes life and death choices based entirely on FEAR

• LB
    LB

Appears that YoYo finally pushed Simon too far. I see the account is inactive. I can't think of another user on this board that has lied more than YoYo. Of course he/she will be back under a fake name. But maybe a lesson learned???

The man in that family was DFed. Wife was inactive. People at the hall said they never knew the family.

Pretty sad when anyone goes this far.

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

• patio34
    patio34

Hi Sabine,

I'm glad you're at the board and wish to express my deep sympathy for your daughter. It's very sad.

You said

Patio, I don't know anything about you, or if you have any experience with suicide...just thought I'd let you know how your comment affected me. I'm angry, but not too proud to give you the benefit of the doubt.
    I'm sorry my words brought you sorrow. They were not meant in any way to apply to your situation. Thanks for the benefit of the doubt.

Pat

• patio34
    patio34

BTW, i do have some familiarity with suicide. And hope never to again.

• Berean
    Berean

sf

It wasn't until I read the article in the paper today that he had owned his own landscaping business, that it crossed my mind he may have ben a jw. Not sure why.

When I first read about this incident, it crossed my mind that they were JW. Don't know why I thought that. The next day I read on this forum that they were associated with JW's.

It is sad that when you hear about something horrendous like this, the Witnesses pop into your mind. I can just hear them at the KH - thats what happens when you turn your back to the FDS and go on your own understanding if the Bible. That is sad also.

Berean

• Perry
    Perry

SixofNine wrote:

I'd wager almost any amount of money that the father in this instance was still a believer in the paradise hope.

Whether or not he gets the ressurection or not, he has absolutely guaranteed his wife and childrens place in paradise. So what if he doesn't get the big prize, he gave his life for his family, that is quite a nice satisfaction to go out on, wouldn't you say? No greater love....

I'm with Six on this one. You know that he had to tally it all up and look at what he was about to do from every angle. How could his world view not have impacted his decisions?
  • avengers
    avengers

One thing's for sure: JW's didn't give a rat's ass about this family. They let them die. This is what you call LOVE.

Like I've said: The GB has more to answer for, besides this tragic affair.

They're still screwing my family. Bastards.

• seven006
    seven006

My brother in-law owns the McMinnville news paper and his reporters have been digging up information about this case. It has already been reported (Oregonlive.com)that the families of both the husband and wife were trying to get a court order to force the Bryant's into making them give some kind of legal visitation rights to the grand parents so they could take the kids to the meetings.

The Bryant's moved from Northern California specifically to get away from the family pressure which involved shunning the two parents and trying to communicate with the kids to tell them they were going to die at Armageddon if they did not go to meetings with the grand parents.

It looks like Robert Bryant finally lost it when his parents found out where he moved to in Oregon. While he and his family still lived in California local elders from the congregation he was DF'ed from spied on his home with binoculars and continually harassed them. Robert and his wife did nothing illegal to get DF'ed for but only came to the point of no longer believing the watchtower's teaching. They were DF"ed for "apostasy."

They were constantly harasses by congregation members as well as parents and siblings from both the wife and fathers side of the family.

This is so incredibly sick and the dumb ass JW's have no idea the psychological damage they put on people with their bullshit policies and rules. Just like Christian Longo of a few months ago the JW bullshit is so strong it pushes a person to kill his family feeling they are better off dead then in that jackass religion. Maybe now people will start to realize the brainwashing technique of the JW's and the deep psychological manipulation they use to cause permeant damage to a persons psyche.

As the JW's say "you will know my people by their love for one another (and their hatred for everyone else)"

Dave

• patio34
    patio34

Thank for the information Dave. It sounds incredible, but you are a credible person. It's so tragically sad.

Pat

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit