Another Family With JW Ties Murdered in Oregon

by Monica 41 Replies latest jw friends

• aTHINKING1
    aTHINKING1

yoyo,
    jesus said to forgive our brother up to how many times?? you are obviously repentant for what you said/did. they have absolutely no basis to keep shunning you. in 1st corinthians the fornicator would not stop his sinning. so he had to be expelled. (even then the shunning was still up to the individual) and as soon as he stopped and showed repentance he was forgiven. the society today uses df'ing as a PUNISHMENT!!! repentant or not you are out of here for at least 6 months. i dont think that was what jesus or even paul had in mind, do you??

• AjaxMan
    AjaxMan
    I am shunned moron, but unlike you I take responsability for my actions and I know that I don't deserve their company.

YoYo,
    First, nice choice of words you used in moron .
    Second, I take responsibility of my actions and so far, I don't see that I did anything wrong: I am making a comment/rebuttal to an insensitive comment you made.
    Third, if you're shunned and you admit that you don't deserve their company, you suffer from self-esteem.
    You suffer from self-esteem. All your life, you're measuring yourself to the Watchtower Society's standard. As much as you do that, you cannot accomplish all of it because it is in our nature as human beings not to be perfect. Does God love us any less because of that? YES... he still loves us despite our imperfection. If God is love, he'll accept you anyway you are. He won't reject you nor shun you because shunning is not loving and God is love.
    Maybe you oughta read the parable of the "Prodigal Son". As far as I know, the father welcomed his son back with open arms despite all the errors his son made. That's how God is, like that father, but even better.

• Sabine
    Sabine

Patio34, you stated "It seems to me that it's impossible to determine whether the JWs had any influence on this person's actions. JWs may attract a certain amount of disturbed individuals because of their unique perspective. Was he disturbed before becoming a JW or became so afterwards?"

I just have to say that your words really disturbed me!! I have had several active jws say the exact same thing about my daughter's suicide. Only in her case, she left THREE suicide letters, all stating her fear of displeasing Jah and being removed from his organization. Yet, people will still try to intimate that she was mentally disturbed, (apparently this didn't prevent her from being a regular pioneer for four years and on every local assembly).

I've heard it said that there aren't too many easy ways to leave the organization, but that suicide is one quick, easy way. Comments like yours make me wonder if I'll ever get beyond losing my daughter, my family, my lifelong belief system (as worthless as it was), all my friends and acquaintances (also as worthless as they were); or if I'll have to take the easy way out too. But I'm just to proud and stubborn to do it because I know somewhere, someone will say "she was mentally unstable, it must have run in her family", it couldn't have had anything to do with being spiritually sodomized all her life.

Patio, I don't know anything about you, or if you have any experience with suicide...just thought I'd let you know how your comment affected me. I'm angry, but not too proud to give you the benefit of the doubt.

YoYo your quote "I hate the person that I've become because of sinning. I don't deserve, at this time, to be part of Jehovah's people" sounds very familiar, I can only imagine the amount of pain you are in. All I can say is what I wish I could have said to my daughter...there is no sin you could commit that would ever make me stop loving you. If a puny human can love like that, don't you think god could?

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

My heart goes out to this family. First the husband had to declare bankruptcy and lost his business, then he was apparently disfellowshipped which resulted in him being shunned by the congregation and his family and finally the new start that he hoped for didn't work out either and in a moment of extreme frustration he takes the life of himself and his family. Heartbreaking. I wonder though was caused him to be disfellowshipped. Just curious.

When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That’s my religion. Abraham Lincoln

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

(((Sabine)))

I love your heart! You are a wonderful woman in my eyes. Strong and courageous and a heart full of love. It is comments like yours that remind me the pain I would have caused in others, if I had been successful in either of my suicide attempts. I can only imagine how hard it is to just "remember" and not do anything about it. But God cried His heart out that day. He felt the pain she felt and the pain you feel now. I wish I could make it better for you!

or if I'll have to take the easy way out too.
    DON'T YOU DARE!!! You have too many people that love and admire you and want you in their lives!

BTW - Patio is a good woman. I'm sure no harm was meant by her comments. She's a lot like you in that she's willing to give everybody the benefit of doubt.

Love and lots of hugs,
    Andi

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Sixofnine,

You made some really interesting comments I've not thought of before. I can definitely see a JW man thinking that, especially under the stress of losing his business, income, and religion and then wanting to keep his family from the stress/evils of the world. *sigh* I'm not saying it's right of course, just understandable. Stress makes you do things you wouldn't do in your right mind.

Andi

• ChristFollower
    ChristFollower

Good point SixofNine.

This is why I say the JW teachings are dangerous - they actually make it easy to commit suicide. I mean, if there is no afterlife, but just non-existance - then why not? If JW's can actually convince people that there is no afterlife, then such a JW would be dangerously inclined in the right (or wrong) curcumstances to do something they may think twice about if they thought there was an afterlife.

I almost committed suicide after my involvement with JW's. I parked my car on the side of the road, and walked into the edge of the woods with my gun. I figured that they would find my car and eventually find me there. I held the gun to my head, and the trigger was cocked. Finger on trigger I was ready - but you know what stopped me? Besides God's grace, what stopped me was thinking that if the Christians were right, that there was an afterlife, and a place called hell, then I didn't want to be there. Thinking that there might be a hell was the only thing that kept me from committing suicide.

From a JW perspective, what that man did was a win/win deal. So very sad.

• sf
    sf

Damn.

I said to myself as soon as I heard this on the tv news yesterday.."I wonder what "religion" this family was".

It wasn't until I read the article in the paper today that he had owned his own landscaping business, that it crossed my mind he may have ben a jw. Not sure why.

The photos of the house on the news looked as if if they were pretty isolated.

Incidently, Andrea Yates was "under the influence" of a cult-like "outfit" too:

The Perilous Times
    Michael Peter Woroniecki

I did the search already...neat guy.

sKally:

If man was supposedly created in gods image, then.....holy krap...we're all doomed.-sKallyWagger

• waiting
    waiting

I've read different opinions on why parents will kill their children, mates & themselves. Seems the agreement is that the killer is on some level, saving his family from further pain in this world. Would also seem that he's reflecting his own pain onto their lives.

Obviously, not all of these killers are jw's - but are influenced by different aspects. To say that jw beliefs (particularily if they were devout jw's) aren't quite influential in their lives is to say that we have no issues here. And we KNOW that's not so. But we go on - for some reason, they choose (or are compelled) not to.

Perhaps the persons who turn to killing & suicides are more intuned and/or damaged by these issues? We're all different on what we can stand.

I would assume there's as much variety in reasons among suicides and killers as any other group. To over-simplify is an incorrect stand.

waiting

ps: Of course, I've read about a couple of these killers who didn't kill themselves.....and just wanted new families - and repeated the whole scenario again in a couple of years. Sick and/or evil.

• JT
    JT

YO YO MAMAM says:

"I see hatred all over this fucking board"

########

man you had me going for awhile, i thought you were a Person trying to get reinstated when in fact you are one of us, man you had me fooled till you started CUSSING

hey you gave yourself away- I always thought it was a cheap trick when apostates come to the forums acting like they are jw

you pulled a mean little joke on us.

When did you get out of wt and what are you doing now , besides messing with folks up here on the net

james

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit