Post 666: Revelation--Its Grand Climax in 70 AD

by Londo111 85 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Pterist
    Pterist

@Lost "We are clearly told the earth will not be destroyed, remember the rainbow"

Just a comment on the above. We are told that the earth will NOT be destroyed in judgement. It is generally accepted that the universe and subsequently our solar system is entropic and will die someday. This death is based on the mortality of our entropic environment, NOT a judgement by God. Romans 8:18-26, shows that the creation was subject to death and compares it to our mortality. The workings of the Spirit in believers is seen as a microcosm of what the whole creation that travails in birth pangs can achieve in a rebirth from death.

1 Corinthians 15:46 "But it is not the spiritual that is first but the natural, and then the spiritual. ... The spiritual does not come first, but the physical does, and then comes the spiritual." this occurs in the life of Christian believers, and subsequently in the whole creation.

The goal of creation was to partake of the tree of life. Mortality was anticipated, either by design or consequence. Either way the creation is said to be set free from corruption which includes "entrophy" and the new heavens and new earth have to be TRANSFORMED to immortality. Revelation 21:1 Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,” [a] for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea...2 3 The city does not need the sun or the moon to shine on it, for the glory of Godgives it light, and the Lamb is its lamp. 24 The nations will walk by its light. This discription in Revelation show a New Enviornment that needs neither sun, moon or sea.....just sayin

Shalom friend

• *lost*
    *lost*

Pt - thanks buddy, I didn't know that about DK and Futurist Millenialism - have made note of and added it to list of stuff to research. along with Preterism, partial preterism and partial preterism/ Amillennialsim.

Just some of the stuff seems to make sense and tie in. of course there is so much to learn and discover. so, so much. Crikey, all these different groups/divisions, is nothing in life simple anymore.

• Pterist
    Pterist

@Lost "so, so much. Crikey, all these different groups/divisions, is nothing in life simple anymore."

Let's not get like the Watchtower were Truth is confused with Knowledge...knowing stuff means diddly, just a good exercise for the brain. As is said at the famous quote in 1 Corinthians 13: If I speak in the tongues [a] of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, [b] but do not have love, I gain nothing.

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

AND

Philippians

7 But whatever were gains to me I now consider loss for the sake of Christ. 8 What is more, I consider everything a loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them garbage, that I may gain Christ 9 and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law,but that which is through faith in [a] Christ—the righteousnessthat comes from God on the basis of faith. 10 I want to knowChrist—yes, to know the power of his resurrection and participation in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, 11 and so, somehow, attaining to the resurrection from the dead.

Lets look to the one Jehovah gave us as the Way, Truth and Life ... fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. 3 Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow wearyand lose heart.

In him,we have our new birth that he died to give us and we are NOT left on our own like the first Adam, notice he also continues to perfect and sustains us, this is a great salvation working in us, let us trust Him to Work in us to COMPLETION. .... 3 I thank my God every time I remember you. 4 In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy 5 because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, 6 being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

Shalom partner

• Zordino
    Zordino

Marking

• mP
    mP

@lost

2 Peter 3;1

Peter said that in the last days scoffers would come walking after their own lusts.

willfully ignorant of certain passages of the scriptures.

God has judged the world in the past and He will judge it in the future.

Peter was tallking to the church about false teachers in the church. ''false teachers'' mocking the watchmen in the church

regards

mP:

Peter was talking about the false messiahs trying to get the jews to rebel against the romans, using religion.

• NoStonecutters

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit