Psychoanalyzing the Governing Body as a Collective Body by what they cause to be written in literature and private letters:

by frankiespeakin 147 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "So to me,.... [I] think the GB must have a lot of repressed evil banging around in thier "shadow" for them to project badness of such magnitude on to the unbeleiving world that thier Deity(Jehovah) is fully justified in crushing them out of existence, men, women, and children, even babies.
    Now we know that if ones own evil is recognized and not surpressed it become conscious and projections of inner evil to the oustide world [are] withdrawn,.... So when the GB see's Devils and Demons in harmless children's toys,... [these] show to what an extent GB are surpressing their own evil and projecting it out on the world and even on innocent children." FrankieSpeaking, page #2, post #8260
    "I see what you are saying frankie: The guy that preaches against lust all the time, is really repressing his own inability to control his sexual desires...etc, etc.
    I agree on a personal level that holds true, but I don't know the GB as individuals enough to comment. Furthermore, the GB does not sign or take credit for any of their writing as individuals .... They are just the enforcers.
    Think about the dullard the GB would attract in the first place. Is their money in it? Fame? Sex? Freedom or even a grand sense of enlightment offered as reward? Nope... just the chance to be the puppet master for a few over-the-hill years. ..." Cagefighter, page #2, post #1239

Excellent points, though I do disagree with Cagefighter's conclusion:

"I would guess that the individual GB members are quite boring and have little to repress if anything. They are simply trying to maintain the structure they psychologicaly rely on themselves to make sense of the world. This could honestly apply to a lot of people in the org. ..." Cagefighter, page 2, post #1239 again

In my opinion, the motivation for the Governing Body members is the allure of power. Though they would deny it with their dying breath, there is an addictive thrill to being the "chosen of 'god" and having great power over an entire organization of over 7 million people. I think that the way the Governing Body is equated with Jesus himself - and sometimes even Jehovah - in the literature, is a telling indication of their addiction to being all-powerful from on high...

Zid

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

Zid- Certainly the allure of power is there. But power mongers can be dull and boring people too. I mean why else work you way up to the GB, money, sex, fame. Nope just power. They are willing to be a straight arrow to get it as well. Which makes them a dullard in my book.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

O and here's a little more about psychological projections:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_projection According to Sigmund Freud, projection is a psychological defense mechanism whereby one "projects" one's own undesirable thoughts, motivations, desires, and feelings onto someone else. 'Emotions or excitations which the ego tries to ward off are "split out" and then felt as being outside the ego...perceived in another person'. [4] It is a common process. [5] The related defense of ' projective identification ' differs from projection in that the impulse projected onto an external object does not appear as something alien and distant from the ego because the connection of the self with that projected impulse continues'. [6]

In one example of the process, a person might have thoughts of infidelity with respect to a spouse or other partner. Instead of dealing with these undesirable thoughts consciously, the subject unconsciously projects these feelings onto the other person, and begins to think that the other has thoughts of infidelity and that the other may be having an affair. In this way, the subject may obtain 'acquittal by his conscience - if he projects his own impulses to faithlessness on to the partner to whom he owes faith'. [7] In this sense, projection is related to denial, arguably the only more primitive defense mechanism than projection, which, like all defense mechanisms, provides a function whereby a person can protect the conscious mind from a feeling that is otherwise repulsive.

Projection can also be established as a means of obtaining or justifying certain actions that would normally be found atrocious or heinous. This often means projecting false accusations, information, etc., onto an individual for the sole purpose of maintaining a self-created illusion. One of the many problems with the process whereby 'something dangerous that is felt inside can be moved outside - a process of "projection"' - is that as a result 'the projector may become somewhat depleted and rendered limp in character, as he loses part of his personality'. [8]

Compartmentalization, splitting, and projection are argued to be ways that the ego maintains the illusion that it is completely in control at all times. Further, while engaged in projection, individuals can be unable to access truthful memories, intentions, and experiences, even about their own nature, as is common in deep trauma. [9]

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "They are willing to be a straight arrow to get it as well..." Cagefighter, page 2

Ah, well...

There are those rumors about that Governing Body member who preferred having young brothers as his roommate...

Due to the EXTREME hypocrisy I see in their literature and teachings, I am very suspicious about the Governing Body's personal lives. I suspect that the self-righteous hypocrisy one sees in the literature is seeping down from the very top of the organization, even if they aren't doing the actual writing...

• frankiespeakin
  • frankiespeakin
  • frankiespeakin
  • Dogpatch
  • frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

The Shadow of Collective Governing Body, if there is such a thing? Jung divides the psyche up into different parts like this:

http://www.google.com/search?q=jung+model+of+the+shadow&hl=en&prmd=imvns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=JZVbUNnmJsnY2QWK-4GoBg&ved=0CEEQsAQ&biw=1170&bih=556

http://www.jung.org/jungs%20model%20of%20the%20psyche_gad.html

Could the demonizing of a harmless child toy(poor sparlock) be caused by a collectively shared projection of the Governing Body, what kind of stuff are they repressing in themselves that would make these big Watchtower corporation leaders act so infintile and cause many poor JW children to some of their toy thrown in the garbage, now that's bordering on child abuse. Could it be all the lawsuits they got going on about child abuse make them unconsciously want to take away thier toys? I don't know?

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I really think this Sparlock video made for all the JWs and given away to them free means the Governing Body was making a business decision an investment in the cost of making and mass producing them. What did they expect in return for such an investment,,and did they not even have a clue to all the ridicule they would recieve on the internet from such a obvious target?

I think these guy got so much stuff stuffed in their shadow that they are oblivious to the blunder for open riddicule and can not see themselves the way other see them at all because they are in the GB bubble surrounded by yes men who know the party line. Getting sunk deeper and deeper into their dellusion being in the highest office before Jehovah Chariotlike Organization.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit