Psychoanalyzing the Governing Body as a Collective Body by what they cause to be written in literature and private letters:

by frankiespeakin 147 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Well, I am an INTJ, and I say they suck. and are not the boss of me!! Good points everyone!!

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

A basic Governing Body's teaching is, that the whole world is going to be destroyed and only those loyal JW will escape.

I know that officially they don't come out and say this because it sounds too much like a cult, so they always try to add confussing qualifiers to confuse the public.This the basic thought that almost every JW carries around with him and motivates him to service for the WT cause, and even motivates them to loyalty to the Organization over the closest family members.

So to me, a layman when it comes to this sort of thing, thinks the GB must have a lot of repressed evil banging around in thier "shadow" for them to project badness of such magnitude on to the unbeleiving world that thier Deity(Jehovah) is fully justified in crushing them out of existence, men, women, and children, even babies.

Now we know that if ones own evil is recognized and not surpressed it become conscious and projections of inner evil to the oustide world get withdrawn, and the Devil is nolonger seen at every turn, the world veiw becomes different, less repression inside causes projections to become less.

So when the GB see's Devils and Demons in harmless children's toys and causes a warning to be given world wide starring a GB in the forefront, show to what an extent GB are surpressing their own evil and projecting it out on the world and even on innocent children.

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

I see what you are saying frankie: The guy that preaches against lust all the time, is really repressing his own inability to control his sexual desires...etc, etc.

I agree on a personal level that holds true, but I don't know the GB as individuals enough to comment. Furthermore, the GB does not sign or take credit for any of their writing as individuals and I am pretty sure most of it is done by committee. Also it is not like the GB is coming up with anything new, these are moral codes and arguments that have been around for 50+ years now. They are just the enforcers.

Think about the dullard the GB would attract in the first place. Is their money in it? Fame? Sex? Freedom or even a grand sense of enlightment offered as reward? Nope... just the chance to be the puppet master for a few over-the-hill years. These are men who thrive in structure and take satisfaction in maintaing structure and being a part of it. That's all the GB has to offer a person. It's the Dwight Schrutes of the world now and will be forever.

I would guess that the individual GB members are quite boring and have little to repress if anything. They are simply trying to maintain the structure they psychologicaly rely on themselves to make sense of the world. This could honestly apply to a lot of people in the org.

But to get back to your point:

On Rusell, I would say he had a hard time comprehending a bigger God than what was taught to him or he found in the bible. I am rather certain that the reality that our lives are so greatly affected by the whims of other people's free will and natural events did not set well with him. The deist mindset while it is quite logical was upsetting to him. I think this is why Rusell became obsessed with shrinking God down to Jehovah a sentinent being on Alpha Centuari that had a set plan and time line. He needed God to be real in a tangible but very precise kind of way. All of his analysis and search for "truth" was because he simply could not live with the fact that it is impossible in this life (and maybe after) to have an objective answer to the eternal question. So he spent a like time synthesizing objective truth and hoping world events would prove him correct.

Rutherford, was an ego maniac and had trouble controlling his excesses for sure, women, drink, luxury cars and homes. So Rutherford's push to shun materialism, joy, and become an ultra-moral and pure organization was definitely more along the lines of the repression you speak of.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Cage,

I'm looking at them as a group with group think going on real heavy.

And trying to recognize also the filter we must strain thru being writting department and so forth,,but thru it all come the santions of the GB that is what I'm looking at. And based on those sanctions use some intuitions about the over all psychic nature of the group 'Governing Body".

I think this more personal stuff about single units of the GB might give some leads but dead nuts can we home in on their laws and veiws expressed thru the lit and more.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Bumping this thread 'cuz I'd like to hear more opinions!!!

[I'm not the thread author - I just want to hear MORE!!!]

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Rutherford showed classic signs of narcissistic personality disorder and splitting, e.g. fantasizing himself as uniquely used by God and regarding himself as truly upright and those who opposed him as satanic, wicked, as members of the Evil Slave, etc. That seems to be the typical personality profile of a cult leader.

Woodworth and Johnson showed similar signs of mental illness (the former even claiming that he had been possessed by a demon). The movement in general seemed to attract fantasy-prone people who responded to Rutherford's black-and-white message. Knorr on the other hand seems more like to have had the profile of a corporate sociopath.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I enjoy all the different observations made so far and over a 1000 veiws, I wounder if any of the GB are reading this?

Leo,

I agree, Rutherford had what it takes to lead an organization into total conformity once he got the control of it and the cunning to centralize that control. He was skilled in his use of the Devil projection on all opposers of his will and purpose. The special talks at the assemblies give us a bird's eye veiw of his own projections that he has hung on the world and opposers. Devil this and the Devil that. Sadly the GB of today carry around those same projections we a few different tweaks here and there.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Zid,

Horse sense is probably at the root of psychoanalization, after all it is all imaginary since we are talking about what goes on both below and above consciousness, I think Jung tried to use the scientific method in this imaginary world we call the psyche.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Here is some stuff about a personality disorder of many Cult leaders:

http://www.neirr.org/psychissues/Personality_Disorders.htm

What is NPD (Narcissistic Personality Disorder)?

The Narcissistic Personality Disorder (NPD, 301.81) has been recognized as a separate mental health disorder since the third edition of the Diagnostic and Statistics Manual (DSM), 1980.

It is described as an all-pervasive pattern of grandiosity (in fantasy or behavior), need for admiration or adulation and lack of empathy. It usually begins by early adulthood and is present in various contexts. Five (or more) of the following criteria must be met (all quotes are from Dr. Sam Vaknin’s Malignant Self Love: Narcissism Revisited):

1. Feels grandiose and self-importance (e.g., exaggerates achievements and talents to the point of lying, demands to be recognized as superior with out commensurate achievements);

“The narcissist is prone to magical thinking. He thinks about himself in terms of ‘being chosen’ or of ‘having a destiny’. …He believes that his life is of such momentous importance, that it is micro-managed by God. …In short, narcissism and religion go well together, because religion allows the narcissist to feel unique.”

“God is everything the narcissist ever wants to be: omniscient, omnipresent, admired, much discussed, and awe inspiring. God is the narcissist’s wet dream, his ultimate grandiose fantasy.”

2. Is obsessed with fantasies of unlimited success, fame, fearsome power or omnipotence, unequalled brilliance (the cerebral narcissist), bodily beauty or sexual performance (the somatic narcissist), or ideal, everlasting, all-conquering love or passion;

“The narcissist is haunted by the feeling that he is possessed of a mission, of a destiny, that he is a part of fate, of history. He is convinced that his uniqueness is purposeful, that he is meant to lead, chart new ways, to innovate to modernize, to reform, to set precedents, to create. Every act is significant, every writing of momentous consequences, every thought of revolutionary calibre. He feels part of a grand design, a world plan and the frame of affiliation, the group, of which he is a member, must be commensurately grand.”

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Alright lets think for a moment about the type of God the GB worship and then think of the effect this has on the psyche of the whole collective?

Jehovah is a very jealous demanding God has a real big ego driving him so that he can't stand it if an idol gets worshipped or some one works on a saturday. The GB think this is good and as it should be.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit