I'm gonna have to decline your invite

by mrsjones5 42 Replies latest jw friends

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I hear ya, girl. I wouldn't want to go. I would send a cousin a card with a small check as a gift for a wedding.
    But 35th anniversary, NAAAAAAH!

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition
    Just wondering, since you say it's a three hour drive, do you think the invite was made because she probably thought about the traveling distance and just knew you won't show up? Then it would be something if you knocked on her door

She probably in her own smug twisted JW way of thinking, that she demonstrated love by inviting you despite it being a 3 hour drive. 3 hour drive for a wedding aniversary. I would have been like "ninja please." Those in the know recognize what "ninja" replaced.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Hey Was!

Hm, I hazzard to guess that she didn't mean anything malicious but maybe because I'm not baptized she's giving me a bit of leeway with the stuff I post and share (from other exjws) on Facebook. On the otherhand I'm in no mood for an ambush.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

"She probably in her own smug twisted JW way of thinking"

Hey Theocratic - I agree with everything you said, but the above portion says it all regarding the Dubs.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I'm not baptised. I go to all family events I'm invited to.

If anyone starts cult-speak, I smile sweetly and ask them a question, or remind them about something Armageddon related that they used to say when we were kids and they would really rather not remember.

• talesin
    talesin

You need not have anyone put you in an uncomfortable situation. You deserve better.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Mrs. Jones, maybe they want to count time on you! LOL Isn't it nice to feel free enough to say "No thanks"? I couldn't do it either. Thankfully, we aren't invited to any of our family wiennie roasts.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

gotta do what's best for you................ I'm sure they would look out for #1 on their end

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

I agree with OTWO. If you lived close by that is one thing, but a three hour drive is something else. Send a note expressing your regrets for not being able to make it. Include a gift card (less tacky than a check, and your bank account number isn't on it).

• flipper
    flipper

MRS JONES- I agree . It would be very difficult for me to attend any JW function celebrating anything in a " positive " fashion. Too much hypocritical BSing going on between fake people. It's going to be hard enough for me to go to my own parents JW funerals when they die as it will be very difficult for me to keep my mouth shut when my JW siblings and other JW's start talking about the " resurrection " and other bogus subjects.

It was hard attending both my JW daughters weddings in 2006 & 2007 as not only was I NOT allowed to walk my daughters down the ailse as an inactive JW - but Mrs. Flipper and I both felt like fish out of water and strangers in a strange land as not many people came up to talk to us at all ! Like we had leprosy or something. So believe me- I totally understand you not wanting to put yourself , your children, or your husband in that situation being around people ( JWS ) who are so socially dysfunctional they don't know their butt from a hole in the ground. Hang in there kiddo ! Give my wife and my love to you & your family

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit