I'm gonna have to decline your invite

by mrsjones5 42 Replies latest jw friends

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

My mother just told me today that her cousin's wife has extended an invite for me to attend their 35th wedding anniversary. I find that I'm not in the mood to be surrounding by a group of jws especially since said cousin and his wife are both jws and I did accept the wife as a friend on Facebook where I've been none too discreet about my distaste for the society.

• Glander
    Glander

Cannot blame you one bit. These people seem to think they can jerk people around through family ties and religious gotchas. F'-um dead in their a--.!

• nuthouse escapee
    nuthouse escapee

Way to go Mrs. Jones. It is so nice to be the one declining the invitation (geez almost like shunning them) lol. Who wants to be surrounded by a bunch of boring Dubs anyway. Freedom, what a gift.-Leslie

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I was surrounding at my grandmother's funneral and afterwards when I went with my parents and another cousin to visit a jw family that my mother hadn't seen in over 45 years. Trapped doesn't even come close to describe how I felt.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Hello Josie **

• moshe
    moshe

- not going?- and missing out on presenting her with a nice gift- a copy of the '50 Shades of Grey' book?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Nah Moshe, it's not worth traveling three hours to be tortured that way.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

My Grandma said , " An invitation is not a subpoena." She was sweet old grammy, and did't take any guff. You are under no obligation to attend, and the negative vibes will be bad for you. Why waste hours of your life? Go do something fun instead!!

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Just wondering, since you say it's a three hour drive, do you think the invite was made because she probably thought about the traveling distance and just knew you won't show up? Then it would be something if you knocked on her door !

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

I hate that you can't have a functional relationship with the family, but..... thatta girl. :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit