New MS - Looking for the "better" job

by nochoice 58 Replies latest forum announcements

• PrincessCynic
    PrincessCynic

TMS Assistant? Never even heard of it!?! We have a sister with learning difficulties that gets the 'priviledge' of handing out slips in our hall.

Welcome Nochoice, don't feel you have to o anything that you don't want to do.

• elderelite
    elderelite

I forgot sound! Sound is awesome cause u can ignore the meeting. I used to just focus on the technical aspect of it and play on my phone

• cedars
    cedars

If you're going to do the sound desk, you'd better have a top-notch sound system with no quirks or glitches. Otherwise, guess which guy everyone turns around and stares at if something goes wrong, or a terrible noise blasts forth from the speakers?

And yes, I speak from experience...

Cedars

• dreamgolfer
    dreamgolfer

I always liked volunteering to head up "Security" means stands in the back playing with babies, smiling and walking around the parking lot for hours,

helps when you have the desire to "vomit" - you are already outside and people dont hear you "horking" as you bend over to puke from the information that is broadcasted from within

just my 2 cents

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Welcome!

• Splash
    Splash

Hi,

Here's my ranking:

1. Magazine Servant. Plus: Easiest job. Minus: Stuck behind a counter so can't talk to others at meetings.
    2. Literature Servant. Plus: Easy job. Minus: Stock takes
    3. Territory Servant. Plus: Easy to manage. Software available. Minus: Nightmare when the CO comes. Need to keep maps up to date.
    4. TMS Assistant. Plus: work is during meeting times. minus: You may have to fix it when people don't turn up/can't do their talks.
    5. Accounts Servant. Plus: Everyone says it's hard (it isn't). You can siphon off money! Minus. You need to be disciplined to make it easy.
    6. Sound Servant. Plus: You get to beep people off when their talks go over time. Minus: You really don't get to hear any of the meeting at all.
    7. Hall Servant. Plus: You get to sit outside in the foyer when you want to. Minus: You are everybody's bitch.

If you're looking for a super easy ride, be an assistant to one of the MS's, eg, write the Mics schedule for the sound servant. Be a nominated 'counter' for the Accounts servant, be the backup Territory servant for when he's on holiday etc.

Splash

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Welcome, nochoice.

I would have to say that territory is the best. You can always just "say" that territories were completed when you get them back. You can force a few territories on people, saying "That's the one that needs to be worked." If people try to hand you their "Not-at-home" slips and say the territory wasn't completed, hand a couple of those slips to pioneers and throw the rest away- mark the territory as done and waste no more of your time or the "homeowner's" time.

If you really want peace, start looking for a way to end your MS sentence.

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety
    Accounts servant is by far the worst job anyone can be asked to do in a kingdom hall. The tediousness is horrific, and it is a thankless task. Avoid it at all costs!!

I can attest to that.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I have absolutely no insider's knowledge. I do note from another new poster that a beard won't get you removed.

• Aeiouy
    Aeiouy

I was accounts servant for two years. *Shiver*

Avoid it like the plague. Worst job ever. I had to stay late every meeting to get the contributions, and got reamed by the CO every time he came because something wasn't done right (I had no training, they just said "Here's the books, have fun").

I once had a sister come up and try to donate about $5 in pennies while I was halfway through counting. I refused it and told her to take it to the bank and change it out. :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit