ABOUT TERRY

by Quentin 284 Replies latest jw friends

• lost1
    lost1

Get well soon

• panhandlegirl
    panhandlegirl

Terry, there is no reason for you to be in that type of pain. You need something else for severe pain. I can't stand you being in so much pain. That's what hospitals, doctors, and nurses are for: to help you with the infection and

your pain.

PHG

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Just saw this. Get well soon!

• rebel8
    rebel8

Terry, now that you have your laptop at the hospital, you can look up some real cures in the Golden Age archives and teach those doctors how to do their jobs! (A little get well humor here.)

In the meantime, who wants to chip in for a nice gift box of Miracle Wheat for Terry?

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

Terry,

Sending you prayers and good thoughts. Get better soon!

-CF

• Scully
    Scully

Terry,

Please ask them about Patient Controlled Analgesia (PCA) for your pain management. You may need more than an every 4-6 hour pill to keep you comfortable.

PCA can involve morphine, demerol (meperidine), fentanyl, hydromorphone (Dilaudid) given via IV. You can have a continuous dose or not (usually they start you with a continuous dose and wean you off) along with a button that you can press periodically (usually set for a 5-minute lock-out) for additional pain relief. The pump keeps track of your requests and and the amount of medication you receive. Your nurses should be assessing your pain scores at least every few hours to ensure that you have adequate pain control.

I hope you start feeling better soon.

• nugget
    nugget

Pain is so hard to cope with. If you are in hospital then there are things they can do after all you pay for the treatment and being in constant discomfort is not effective treatment.

I am so sorry you are suffering.

• panhandlegirl
    panhandlegirl

Scully, a PCA would really be appropriate with the type of pain Terry is having. He needs to be able to sleep and be comfortable. Staying awake at night because of pain is not appropriate or necessary.

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

an atheist sending good vibes here. get well soon!

• blindnomore
    blindnomore

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit