Are you pro-activist, anti-activist, or passive?

by cedars 52 Replies latest jw friends

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

144001 found the truth! the holy trinity that is.

The whole true and nothing but the truth so help me god - dess!

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

without doubt. tho i dont participate in protests, i believe completely in a groups rights to do what they do. activism is responsible for many positive changes.

peronally i find it better to work within the loopholes.

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

Bttt for relevance to AAWA

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

I think some people could be worse off leaving the Witnesses and it really made no difference to me what other people said in a negative way about the Witnesses when I was one. When I left I didn't feel the need of any support.

When I had left I read Ray Franz books. I really enjoyed them especially In Search of Christian Freedom. I found myself saying yes and agreeing with what I read. I corresponded with Ray Franz and recieved some encouraging letters. I found myself pondering how someone could be part of the governing body after I'd read his books. I also read The Gentile Times Reconsidered and another book about blood transfusions that I no longer have and cannot remember the name. None of these would have made me leave the Witnesses if I'd read them before I left I don't think. I deliberately avoided them until after I'd spoken with the elders as I didn't want to be influenced in my thoughts.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Btt relevance to aawa

• QueenWitch
    QueenWitch

Right now, I'm passive mostly but if I know of someone who is studying with JW I will point them to jwfacts, jwsurvey, or other sites for them to see the mess that they are about to get into. I personally wouldn't picket but I understand why some would. Well maybe I would picket, quietly.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Passive aggressive

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

Mrs. Jones - you have PMs

JV

• Glander
    Glander

Juan, How the hell do you know that Mrs Jones has PMS ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit