Are you pro-activist, anti-activist, or passive?

by cedars 52 Replies latest jw friends

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime

As far as I'm concerned, when it comes to activism...

When people are fading, sometimes they just need a place where they can ask questions and get directed to places with the answers, or have a discussion about things that bother them. Like say, on a forum like this.

What fading JWs in that situation need - are other people who know what they have been through, and are willing to share what things helped then. What resources they found useful, what situations they went through... etc. New friends, and a community to engage with and belong to.

What I'm getting at is this:

Participating on a forum like JWN is a form of activism.

And in fact, one of the most effective forms.

I'm willing to be that JWN has helped more fading JWs than sign-holders outside conventions and other agressive tactics by a factor of at least a thousand.

All a JW on the way out needs is anonymity and the opportunity to discuss things.

- Lime

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Activism in the forms proposed by AAWA is a good and necessary thing. The evil that is the WT organization continues to grow, they will soon have 8 million claimed membership.

Anything that serves to alert the public to its danger is good, and as a by-product this will help active JW's to wake up, and then they are just so welcome here for any support they need.

The two forms of activism will work well in tandem.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I actively partcipate in animal right campaigns - do this by educating the public, printing stuff, doing literal legwork and picketing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit