Are you pro-activist, anti-activist, or passive?

by cedars 52 Replies latest jw friends

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

The attitude of some on here which I find annoys me is "Don't bother, it will make no difference, the JW's will not listen Blah Blah", how these anti-activists can possibly know the effect of whatever activists do is beyond me.

But I do believe that every thought you plant in a JW's mind, even if they reject it at the time, will bear fruit when they are ready,perhaps the seed will die with some JW's and they will remain forever trapped, but for me, if I can help just one person out, that is brilliant.

As an example of a thought that festers, when I was an active JW someone said to me "Your Jehovah is just a fictional character, made up by ancient tribes".

At the time I realised that I had no satisfactory answer to that statement, over time it ate away at my faith. Just a short pithy sentence, but that "Activist" made me start to think.

• cedars
    cedars

Phizzy, you make an excellent point. Memories of negative messages do tend to fester in the subconscious. Despite what I said above about picketing, I can remember slogans such as "Don't be slaves of the Watchtower!" from pickets at District Conventions. These made an impression on me as a young lad and caused me to sometimes wonder whether that's what I essentially was, even if I didn't act on the accusation.

Cedars

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

To panhandlegirl: I personally am no longer distributiong the WATCHTOWER BOOK SHELF CD-ROM. I lost interest in the project when people to whom I had sent free copies started showing up on eBay SELLING copies of what they had received for free. There are others here who may be able to help you out, however. You may receive a PM from one of them; then again, you may not. I am no longer in control of that project. When I put the CD together O gave permission for it to be curculated FREELY in any form, so you might get a download link or something else.

Here is an archived page from quotes that discusses the CD-ROM in detail: http://dciscorp.com/qwotes/order-wtbscd.htm

Thanks to everyone who made kind statements regarding my projects. I share Farkel's motivation, word-for-word. ANGER has been and remains my prime motivator. When I first left the WT, I vowed that if it were in my power to destroy that organization, I would. Then I found I had the time and tools and skills to do what I have done. The WATCHTOWER is doing a pretty good job of destroying itself, but if I can hasten the their end, I consider it an honor to do so.

Here's a link to my LULU work:

http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/oldlightreprints

WOW, it's been seven years since the WT BS CD was offerred. Maybe it is time for a ressurrection?

see: http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/85177/1/Watchtower-Book-Shelf-CD-ROM

and I really ought to provide a link for this important book:

http://www.lulu.com/us/en/shop/antony-wills/a-people-for-his-name-a-history-of-jehovah%E2%80%99s-witnesses-and-an-evaluation/paperback/product-712752.html

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    The sentiment of such ones seems to be "I figured it out for myself, so lurkers should too."

Is that meant to be me? Because I don't recognise myself.

What I said was that people can see through spin, so when arguing against the Watchtower it's best not to push the case further than the facts will bear.

• panhandlegirl
    panhandlegirl

Nathan Nates, thanks for the links. I will check them out. I share your sentiment regarding the WTS and thank you for all your efforts in exposing this evil and selfish organization.

PHG

• cedars
    cedars

Is that meant to be me? Because I don't recognise myself.

Congratulations. It musn't be you then.

Cedars

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

It's not me. But that doesn't mean you didn't intend it to be. More fool me for taking the bait.

I'm going to request a fifth category, for men who enjoy the finer aspects of life. It's the hedonist category:

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

does it count that I have a "Sparlock rules" car magnet?

Only if said car magnet also exhibits a high definition reproduction of the image file posted directly above your post.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit