Are you pro-activist, anti-activist, or passive?

by cedars 52 Replies latest jw friends

• james_woods
    james_woods
    Therefore, what is acceptable and what is going too far?

Put simply, Ray Franz's books were very acceptable and useful.

Rick Fearon's lies, misrepresentations, silly banner 2-man protests, and rantings are going way, way too far.

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

I’m like sort of pro-anti-passive-activist if you like know wot I mean man.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Yo, GLADIATOR.

Chop them to pieces with your battle-axe.

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

Gladius - if you please James.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Rub A Dub- thats a funny!!!!!!!!!!

I'm anti-activist but pro-phylactic.
  • Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I'll tell you some of what I've done and you can tell me if I'm an activist. I've been silent this in the past but I'm no longer as concerned as I once was about repercussions; besides, all of hwat I say *might* be lies. Let the reader use discernemnt.

When Bill Bowen had his famous march on Bethel, I supplied approximately half of the stuffed lambs that were left in the fence across the street from Bethel HQ. The bullhorn that Bill used to address the crowd was loaned to him by me.

I digitized the entire book "Aid To Bible Understanding" and circulated copies of it on CD at my own expense (no charge to the recipient) around the world.

I digitized all of the publications in the original "Watchtower Book Shelf" CD and likewise circulated it at my own expense worldwide before I agreed to let QUOTES sell it to help offset operating costs of the QUOTES website.

Many of the Watchtower related titles for sale on LULU are my work

"Millions Now Living Will Never Die" was my first and "the Desolations of The Sanctuary" is the most recent.

Other titles include:

"Our Lord's Return"

"Home and Happiness"

"The Way to Paradise"

"Demonism and the watchtower"

"A Bible for the Scientist"

"Face The Facts and learn the only way of escape"

"Color and Character"

I searched out Antony Wills and got his permission to republish "A People for His Name".

I conceived the XJW University and designed the XJWU shirts and mugs and stuff that are available on cafepress.

It's not much, I know, but it was what I could do, so I did it. I've slowed down some in the past couple years, but I still have ideas...

• panhandlegirl
    panhandlegirl

I am pro-activist, but only to the point of puting the information out there. If someone asks a question on the forum or brings up a subject that I can contribute to, I give my opinion. I also appreciate those who have spent time

and effort to write atricles that expose the WTS for what they really are. As a life-long and active jw for 40 years, I feel I know the borg and their teachings well. Many members of my famiy are DO,CO, and Bethelites, but I have

never heard any of the inside goings-on that have taken place at HQ. I appreciate what others here who have been in-the-know educate us about. I also like to keep up what is going on now, such as the Conti case.

If it was not for this and other anti-jw sites, such as jwfact, jwsurvey, I would be in the dark about such events. Until I got on this site, I believed everything I read in the Bible, now not so much. I have read books about the

Bible that I found on my own just by going to B&N or Amazon and I have also read many recommended on this site. If not for Winston, the Diary of, I might not have read "Animal House" although I read 1984 in 1962.

The comments on this site cause me to think about things I had not paid too much attention to, such as the water over the earth that caused the flood.I credit my older brother, a former elder who converted the majority of

our extended family to the "truth," for opening my eyes about the borg. It took a while, the borg did a lot to convince me my brother was right about them. Many on here bring up pertient questions and/or subjects that I like to

read about. They help me see that, yes, I was right to leave the borg no matter what my family tells me. I agree that some have to be ready to leave the borg, but having information to ponder on helps jws to see the borg for

what it is, a greedy publishing organization that only wants to control them and use them to get money for themselves. I hope I didn't get off topic. I am a real pro-activist out in the world. Anyone who knows me, is educated on

the evils of the WTS, it's teachings and controlling attitude towards its members.

• panhandlegirl
    panhandlegirl

I'll tell you some of what I've done and you can tell me if I'm an act

Nathan Nates, I would say you are an activist and I want to get some of those things you digititized.

PHG

• sizemik
    sizemik

Activism, in all it's forms, are the nerve endings for the collective conscience of society.

Rock on, active ones.

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

im passive subversive pro and anti activist, maybe even a little oportunistic. flows.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit