Brazil. JWs up 26% in 10 Years

by Joker10 126 Replies latest jw friends

• cedars
    cedars

Slimboyfat

They are growing better than Mormons, with whom they are comparable.

Comparable in any way other than statistically. The Mormons are nearly double the size of JWs.

And they may think they are not simply another splinter group of Christianity but they are.

Surely the whole point of scrutinizing the increasingly negative statistics surrounding the preaching work of Jehovah's Witnesses is to highlight that they ARE just another branch of Christianity and thus enjoy no special favour with God.

Cedars

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

for the record:

26% in ten years translates to 2.31% per year compounded 10 years

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

In terms of active members the Mormons are much smaller. They are comparable to JWs not least in that they also excommunicate.

JWs are just another religious group, but nevertheless one whose growth is holding up comparatively well.

• cedars
    cedars

slimboyfat

JWs are just another religious group

I agree in part. They are just another religious group, but they are also a damaging cult whose modest growth in comparison with other Christian-based faiths may be attributed to the manipulative techniques that it uses both to attract and retain members.

Cedars

• jgnat
    jgnat

Brazil has a lot of Catholics. The anti-Catholic spin of the WTS has some attraction for disaffected Catholics.

My in-laws came from a repressive communist regime, with remnants of Catholicism. Mistrust of big government, mistrust of big church. Again, fairly ripe ground for the WTS message.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

The growth is not that impressive when you compare the 26% to the 14% population growth. If I have a sales force of 1 million people and they could only achieve those sorts of figures I'd sack the lot of them.

I wonder what the next 10 years will be like in Brazil, or even the last 2 years, with the issues the Watchtower has been facing over the last couple of years.

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

What's the population growth in Brazil in that period - is that 14% for Brazil or for the world? Perhaps much of the JW growth is born-ins?

• jgnat
    jgnat

That must be 14% population growth rate in Brazil over the past ten years.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

" The growth is not that impressive when you compare the 26% to the 14% population growth. If I have a sales force of 1 million people and they could only achieve those sorts of figures I'd sack the lot of them."

Even if they were doing better than the sales teams of comparable rival companies?

Mormon growth is not keeping up with population growth in Brazil, according to these figures, whereas JW growth is outstripping population growth.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    Mormon growth is not keeping up with population growth in Brazil, according to these figures,
    whereas JW growth is outstripping population growth...SBF

Soon there will be more JW`s than people in Brazil!

Population in Brazil JW`s in Brazil

205,716,890 205,985,923

........................... ...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit