Brazil. JWs up 26% in 10 Years

by Joker10 126 Replies latest jw friends

• Giordano
    Giordano

Steve you were asking about the Adventists?

http://www.adventist.org/world-church/facts-and-figures/index.html

Then there's this version: http://en.allexperts.com/q/Seventh-Day-Adventists-2318/2012/8/dr-ford-adventist-reform.htm

"Such a sorry state of affairs explains why millions have left the Adventist church over the past 30 years. And more still leave all the time. No Christian should support so much error and confusion.

The SDA leaders are not honest. They continue to pretend they have no false doctrine or error, and no reason to repent or embrace Gospel Reform. Although they are fractured and divided, some still think they have all the truth possible, and that everyone else is wrong. However, such an assumption is impossible and delusional.

These hierarchical minded leaders have proven themselves to be legalistic, hypercritical, and incompetent, which explains why the modern Advent Movement has imploded for all to see. The Advent Movement has run aground long ago, and yet, the leaders pretend all is well, even that they have charted a proper and correct course. But they are not telling the truth.

Not only are the present SDA doctrines legalistic, irrelevant, and false, so too is their entire hierarchical system of church organization. But those Pharisees don’t care; they have no plans to relinquish their power or control, much less repent for their many false doctrines, like tithe, that sustains them. So they refuse to acknowledge or embrace the need for Gospel reform."

SOUNDS LIKE WHERE THE JW'S ARE HEADED.

• steve2
    steve2

Thanks Giordano.

I loved this quote from the official SDA site:

One of the gifts of the Holy Spirit is prophecy. This gift is an identifying mark of the remnant church and was manifested in the ministry of Ellen. G. White . As the Lord's messenger, her writings are a continuing and authoritative source of truth which provide for the church comfort, guidance, instruction, and correction.

SDAs split single hairs over this woman's pivotal role in shaping and determining SDA beliefs - yet they will also insist she is not "inspired" in the manner of the Biblical writers. Distinctions that believers find unproblematic, the same way JWs defend their governing body - yet with wide-eyed "innocence" state they are exclusively guided by the Bible.

SDAs could usefully teach the JWs a thing or two about sincere and earnest double-speak.

I would not be surprised if, as the years pass with 1914 fading into history the way the Adventist 1844 has well faded into history, the Watchtower will become even more blandly SDA-like.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I think this is a better display of Adventist statistics. To me the most interesting figure is the huge number of members they have in India.

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/rel_sev_adv_mem-religion-seventh-day-adventist-membership

• therevealer
    therevealer

thanks for your comment steve.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I was looking at those SDA statistics. The number of SDA in Brazil are even more startling. They've surpassed the US! As an aside, I wonder if the vegetarian diet is an easier sell in India. That same diet is attributed to the apparent longevity of some members of the SDA.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I can't find Seventh Day Adventists listed on the Brazilian census. It would be interesting to see how the census number compares with their own figure. Can anyone else find them?

I think the Indian figure is particularly startling because JWs and Mormons have done so poorly there by comparison.

• Joker10
    Joker10

Adventists:

Year 20002010%
    Total 1,209,8421,561,071+29.0%
    Males 538,981704,376+30.7%
    Females 670,860856,695+27.7%
    Urban 1,029,9491,341,018+30.2%
    Rural 179,893220,053+22.3%
    Population 169,544,443192,755,799+14.0%
    Ratio, One Adventist to:140123

Share this