Movie that could describe your experience as a jw?

by Nicolas 47 Replies latest jw friends

• Nicolas
    Nicolas

Personnally, I thing that the movie "The matrix" and the movie "The Truman show" really describe my experience in the WBTS. When I discovered the truth about the "truth", my perception of the reality became really different. All that I have been taught was just a big lie. (sorry if I made a mistake, my english is not perfect)

We become more attuned to the human condition when we recognize that God is not going to fix our problems.

• LB
    LB

I think the Matrix would describe the JW experience for lots of us.

Or Weekend at Bernies

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

Yes I agree! also 'Vanila Sky' and 'A Beautiful Mind'!

ohh and Armageddon hahah sorry that was weak.

Ven

"Injustice will continue until those who are not affected by it are as outraged as those who are."

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Godzilla. Jehovah is the monster and he is always after you no matter what.

• Preston
    Preston

No contest, Breaking the Waves.

Breaking the Waves is the story of a devout young woman who belongs to a strict religious sect. In her religion, elders frown upon marrying outside their religion, women remain silent in church, and ex-members are "disfellowshipped" not just from the church but also from their own families (hmmmmm, sounds familiar). During the film an event happens which tries her faith, and she takes a path that divides her from her congregation. It's the first great spiritual movie of the digital age, and it's one of the best films I have seen. Some like it, some hate it, but when I think about my life as a JW, no movie hits harder than this one.

BTW, I posted a thread similar to yours but it had to do with music. Personally, I see all of your lives in PULP's amazing album THIS IS HARDCORE. I posted some of the lyrics if you want to read them on that thread in the music section.

• josephus
    josephus

film,,, matrix/truman show.

book,,, 1984

josephus

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Powder
    Truman Show
    Pleasantville

"As every one knows, there are mistakes in the Bible" - The Watchtower, April 15, 1928, p. 126
    Believe in yourself, not mythology.
    <x ><

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

The Stepford Wives staring in Little House On The Prarie

• LB
    LB

OH yeah, the Stepford Wives. That was freaky

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

• morrisamb
    morrisamb

Terms of Endearment -- Shirley Maclains's character...the good little witness with men courting, no swearing, no feeling; then she gets fucked by the astronaut neighbour...Jack Nicholson...and there was no going back. Hmmmm...sounds like the story of my life...

But I agree with the other posts Truman Show and Stepford Wives as well.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit