Movie that could describe your experience as a jw?

by Nicolas 47 Replies latest jw friends

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

A Perfect World?? I used to secretly wish Kevin Costner would come to my house and kidnap me :o) I love his voice!

Beck

ps..i really do love his voice...but i think i already said that :o)

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

THE SOUND OF MUSIC"

HINDSIGHT IS 20/20
    PROCRASTINATION IS THE THIEF OF TIME!!

• collegegirl
    collegegirl

"But I'm a Cheerlearder" starring Natasha Lyonne

About a girl who is a lesbian, and how she handles her family and friends shunning her... good movie, but better if you can relate. Being a JW and, therefore, being afraid of the shunning by family and friends if you go against the norm seems to be much like the "coming out" thing.

I know this wasn't the topic, but I figure I'll say best books too.

1. 1984 - Orwellian classic
    2. The Shunning - About an Amish girl who goes against society and is therefore expelled, leaving everyone to hate her.

• dmouse
    dmouse

East is East.

A British film about a Muslim man married to an English woman. There is a lot of tension because of their different beliefs with regard to bringing up their children. One of the sons is 'shunned' because he is homosexual and wouldn't go through with an arranged marriage. The way that the rest of the children keep doing things behind the father's back (like eating bacon!)is moving and funny at the same time. In reality, the family love and respect each other, it is just the father's religious fanatism that nearly destroys them.

• Eric
    Eric

"Gone In Sixty Seconds"

Eric

• Beans
    Beans

GHOSTBUSTERS
    Who ya gonna call GHOSTBUSTERS!!!

Yes those crazy demonic demonds are all bottled up in every Kingdom hall all over the world waiting for THE MAGIC KINGDOM to come!And when it does(WE DON`T KNOW THE DAY OR TIME)all the little JW children can suck em all up!

Beans

• Sky
    Sky

this sounds odd, I know, but mine would be The Green Mile.
    I was accused of something I didnt do, and people saw I was innocent, but just sat back and watched me get executed anyway.
    Kisses,
    Sky

Happy St. Patrick's Day
    Now go Kiss an Irishman!

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Orangefatcats SON again

I always love the saying

the Truth is a Lie
    and the Lie is the Truth

the red pill or blue pill

Take the Blue and stay in wonderland forever
    take the red pill and see how far the Rabbits hole Goes

• butalbee
    butalbee

My experience in dubbism seemed more like "The Exorcist".

• ChristFollower
    ChristFollower

The Matrix for me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit