Movie that could describe your experience as a jw?

by Nicolas 47 Replies latest jw friends

• lv4fer
    lv4fer

Matrix for me and Stepford Wives for my husband. Even when we were in he use to say about the new system, what are we all going to walk around "Peace, Love, and Tranquility" smiling and always happy.

• Matty
    Matty

This is Spinal Tap.

Because when I was on the sound in the Kingdom hall I had an amplifier that went to 11, lets just say "Let's Watch How We Walk" really rocked. Also sadly, our Presiding Overseer spontaneously combusted one day while he was giving a talk about the Sermon on the Mount. Dozens of Elders spontaneously combust each year, it's just not really widely reported.

...and Certainly, in the topsy-turvy world of being a Jehovah's Witness, having a good solid microphone stick in your hand is often useful.

• Shakita
    Shakita

INVASION OF THE BODY SNATCHERS

not only did they snatch your body, they snatched your mind as well

Mrs. Shakita

• undercover
    undercover

OK, this one may be weird but when I saw the remake on Planet of the Apes toward the end when the little monkey landed in the pod thing and all the apes thought it was semos(?) returned and then Marky Mark exposed their false beliefs, the big gorilla in charge of the army said, "Everything I have believed has been a lie". I sat there stunned. I understood exactly what that character was going thru at that moment.

I said it was weird.

• Robdar
    Robdar
    Godzilla. Jehovah is the monster and he is always after you no matter what.

LMAO @ Dutchie!

• TresHappy
  • blondie
    blondie

Never mind, wrong thread.

Edited by - Blondie on 21 November 2002 9:25:36

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

A NIGHTMARE ON ELDER STREET

Share this

Google+
Pinterest