Movie that could describe your experience as a jw?

by Nicolas 47 Replies latest jw friends

• Seven
    Seven

The Matrix] and Carrie-They're all going to laugh at you! The social restrictions put on Carrie's social life was hard to watch.

• SYN
    SYN

SAVING PRIVATE RYAN

*LOL* this thread is hilarious!

For me it wasn't so traumatic being a Dub (compared to some of the 'experiences' I've read about here and elsewhere), so it could pretty much just be a film like 'Vanilla Sky' where ole Tom Cruise discovers his entire life is a lie, a simulation. Although the WTBTS isn't intelligent enough to simulate anything, I was still living a big old LIE!

The earlier in the forenoon you take the sun bath, the greater will be the beneficial effect, because you get more of the ultra-violet rays, which are healing. - The Golden Age

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Preston was right on.

Breaking the Waves was distubing in the same way to me, too.

ashi

• Swan
    Swan

There were also a lot of parallels with the movie Fahrenheit 451 which was based on a science fiction classic by Ray Bradbury. All books were banned and the firemen went around on calls hunting for caches of books, which they promptly burned. But then this one fireman started to question things and began reading a book. So it was an a very interesting analogy to someone becoming an apostate.

Tammy

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Sleeping with the Enemy - in more ways than one

• In_between_days
    In_between_days

AMERICAN BEAUTY

Kevin Spaceys Charactor. (Thats how I felt leaving the borg), like I had been given a second chance at life, like I had just woken up. This is my very, very favorate movie.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

SAVING PRIVATE RYAN
    Saving Ryans Privates

• asortafairytale
    asortafairytale

"but i'm a cheerleader" was a hilarious movie!! lol

i'd definitely say the truman show.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Jaws

• SPAZnik