The title of this forum should be changed to Judas' Witnesses.net to accurately reflect it's makeup.

by Theocratic Sedition 169 Replies latest jw friends

• Aware!
    Aware!

I only chose Botzwana because all the other cool names were taken.

Same here. I had picked a cool name but for some reason I couldn't validate my account since I never got the email. I was so desperate to join and start posting that I used a different email and picked aware!. I was thinking of the awake! magazine at the time.

Theocratic Sedition- These kind people here have taken time out of their lives to help you out. What Splash posted is very detailed, please lookup the cited publications. Please look at jwfacts.com and make sure to always hear both sides of an argument.

• Crisis of Conscience
    Crisis of Conscience

Am I too late to chime in? If not, then...

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

c'mon james, threads like UNITE us!

• james_woods
    james_woods

c'mon james, threads like UNITE us!

Interesting comment ^

Post 5 of 5 from the troll: On another thread (aout someone starting their own forum, of all things)

The apostate community lacking unity, can't say I'm surprised.

We ALL bundle.

Troll clock still running for obvious reasons.

• still thinking
    still thinking

Welcome to the forum..theocratic sedition....ignore all these naysayers...they just don't understand you.

coffee?

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Any rookie can go online and "research" whatever they want to create whatever "truth" they like.

That is exactly what Russell did. Not online of course, but he researched a few books and religions and then came up with his own. And it turned out to be false, as he claimed the end would be 1914.

People on here have downloaded a couple books on Babylon and examined some scratches on rocks and now all of a sudden they're experts on ancient astrology. They think they can descredit the slave class' findings on when Jerusalem really got sacked.

People on here have not needed to do anything. All historians claim 587.

They think they can descredit the slave class' findings on when Jerusalem really got sacked.

The "slave" have no findings. They are dependant on Historians for their 607 teaching, the same historians that they claim are wrong. Paradoxically, the "slave" trusts historians are perfectly correct when determining the 2500 year old date of 537, but were 20 years out over the next 70 year period.

• Guest with Questions
    Guest with Questions

I agree with Cedar.

You can't have it both ways. Either you are God's chosen organization under the guidance of his holy spirit, in which case you had BETTER get it right 100% of the time, or you aren't.

I would like to address a number of things that you stated.

God haters, disgruntled apostates

First, I am a Christian, I am not an apostate.

As for the people here who hate God. Many were hurt and deceived by the organization. My own mom, when she was still in, told me that if the organization was wrong then God didn’t exist. That is how much she identified the organization with God. Thankfully she is out and admits that it is a cult, and she has held her belief in God. The men at the top will be held accountable for deceiving people.

...thinking they've procured truth outside of the truth

Truth is not a concept chosen by men but a person Christ Jesus.

Any rookie can go online and "research" whatever they want to create whatever "truth" they like.

When my parents became witnesses I did research to see if the organization really was the "truth". I did some of my research on line but most of the evidence came from the Watchtower’s Library CD. I have the 1950-2003, given to us by a Jehovah’s Witness, who didn’t realize why were using it. The Watchtower’s Online Library from 2000-2012 is available on line.

Here’s the link: http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/h/r1/lp-e

People on here have downloaded a couple books on Babylon and examined some scratches on rocks and now all of a sudden they're experts on ancient astrology.

Where do you receive your information? From the Bible or from Watchtower literature. I suggest reading The Gentile Times Reconsidered by Carl Olof Jonsson. He was a Jehovah’s Witness who tried to prove to himself the accuracy of 607 and after extensive research realized the Watchtower was wrong.

spirtual wasteland, it's quite apparent the lack of spiritual food

I don’t receive my spiritual food on this site. Personally I’m reading the Old Testament and my Bible study group is studying 1 Timothy, Bible only, no additional literature. In the fall we resume (with another group) studying the Bible without additional literature. I believe that the Body of Christ as a whole is anointed, not a select few. Contrary to what the Watchtower teaches an individual is capable of reading and understanding the Bible with the help of HS as the Bible states in 1 John 2:26

I am writing these things to you about those who are trying to lead you astray. 27 As for you, the anointing you received from him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you. But as his anointing teaches you about all things and as that anointing is real, not counterfeit——just as it has taught you, remain in him.

Do you believe the Bible is inspired? Do you believe the Watchtower literature is inspired? Do you believe that this organization is the only channel of communication that God has chosen? For what reason?

Personally I would welcome your comments showing where you think we are wrong, as long as you use the Bible alone, not Watchtower literature.

• still thinking
    still thinking

Nice post guest with questions...

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Perhaps one day TS will realize that he's been involved with a lying corrupt religious publishing house, where the real " Truth "

was never really there.

Some people's character is not framed with the capacity in pursuing intellectually honesty,

instead they are prone to live in a state of inspired delusion and only want to seek others who are willing to join them in their delusion.

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "I've been browsing here for some time now and I've read the erroneous arguments supporting 587, the petty feelings over the UN, blah blah blah. This is a community of disgruntled people telling each other what they want to hear. ..." Opening post

Wheee!!! We've got another Jehovah's Witness apologist!!!

Let the "Theocratic Warfare" begin!!! Star wars smileys

Zid devil weenie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit