The title of this forum should be changed to Judas' Witnesses.net to accurately reflect it's makeup.

by Theocratic Sedition 169 Replies latest jw friends

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "Come on, folks: aside from the satisfaction it must give you on some level, is that REALLY what you want to accomplish by being here? Driving off active JWs who'd otherwise engage? It's downright stoopid (sic), the equivalent of cutting off ones nose to spite ones face, by simply reinforcing their JW belief system. " King Solomon, page [whoops!!] 4

Aw come one...

I just LOVE pointing out the hypocrisy!!!

• jam
    jam

miz is that you? If not and you really are a JW, my friend I

guarantee if you continue browsing here you will not remain a

witness. Unless you are slow in mind. You will get an education

here like no other. Milk is for babies, solid food is for who?

Eat my friend and gain knowledge. I hope you stay.

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Ziddina said:

Uh, then show it. Go for it: search all my 1,200 posts and see what you find.... Goose eggs, that's what.

I've always felt that saying to a JW that they were breaking the WTBTS rules by reading here is a stoopid (sic) thing to say, if the goal is to encourage JWs to read here and learn WHY their religion is wrong on so many levels.

Despite what you think, not all JWs are aware they shouldn't be here, or realize that it's mostly filled with "apostates" (I wasn't at first, but got the idea quickly after reading). Some active JWs do boldly come to argue, thinking they're going to save a few souls; but I'd bet most lurk, and a few may post.

On the other hand, it's a GREAT thing to say to them if you want to discourage them from speaking their mind, running them off, hence reinforcing their entrapment in order to make yourself feel superior to them. I wouldn't want to discourage the few that do, unless you just enjoy triggering their protective defenses: it's a conversation killer.

Is that what it is? Shoe fits?

• yknot
    yknot

LOST GENERATION CALLED IT!!!

Silly Miz!......

• flipper
    flipper

We remind you of the angels in Tartar sauce ? Now I KNOW you are a bizarre new member ! LOL ! Welcome to the board ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "Ziddina said:

Uh, then show it. Go for it: search all my 1,200 posts and see what you find.... Goose eggs, that's what.
    I've always felt that saying to a JW that they were breaking the WTBTS rules by reading here is a stoopid (sic) thing to say, if the goal is to encourage JWs to read here and learn WHY their religion is wrong on so many levels. ..." King Solomon, page 8

I wasn't talking about any hypocrisy on YOUR part, dimwit!!

I was referring - as have several others on this thread - to the behavior of JW apologists who come onto so-called "apostate" sites to debate with us, in clear disobedience to the edicts issued by the Watchtower Corporation...

Sheesh.

• cedars
    cedars

King Solomon

I've always felt that saying to a JW that they were breaking the WTBTS rules by reading here is a stoopid (sic) thing to say, if the goal is to encourage JWs to read here and learn WHY their religion is wrong on so many levels.

Of course, you're entitled to your opinion. I'm grateful to you for explaining it and repeating it. It's just that nobody else seems to share it.

If a JW apologist comes wading in on a forum like this calling everyone "Judas" and "God haters" they had better expect a rough ride. And, like I said, there's no harm in pointing out the common ground we share, namely that certain rules laid down by the Governing Body are clearly "flexible".

Cedars

• sizemik
    sizemik

Nice to have you back Miz . . . shit what an entry!

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

Theo Sed -

First, those who leave the organization and who are on this site, are many different reasons and the after effects are different as well. Some believe in the bible and just not the governing body, some become athiest, agnostic, and the reasons for leaving can range from being dfed to leaving because of their bible conscience in seeing bad things and lies.

I started reading the bible one day, and noticed a lot of what I had been taught and how things are done were in direct contradiction with the bible. It was not anything 'apostate' just reading the bible. Then I thought to myself, okay, well either way, if this is God's people and his arrangement, I should still follow it, so I looked up everything on how we know this is it. The main argument was JW's were chosen in 1914 or 1918. I looked up everything, and I looked up what was going on during those times. Everything was wrong, there was no way God would have chose them and the real facts showed that the history I had been told was white washed.

Okay, so there is a bad history, what about TODAY?? The evidence is the new light. What new light? THe only new light in my lifetime had been when I was a kid anybody born or alive in 1914 would see the end. I didn't think I'd make it out of school. Then when I was a teen (after time mostly ran out), it was changed to a generation is 'obviously' meaning a period of time, not having to do with humans or human lifespans. And that it was foolish that in the past people tried to put a human lifespan or timeframe on it. (blame everybody for believing the governing body and make it appear it was the other sheeps fault). Then last year or so new light again, it's 'obvious' Jesus meant there would be an overlapping generation and we should thank the faithful slave for that new light.

Here is the history of the light getting brighter for the generation thing

It was originally said 1874. Then a generation was said to be 40 years, so 1874 plus 40 meant "before" 1914. Then as 1914 got close it was 1914. Then it was said those who were alive to understand the events of 1914, meaning they would have to be atleast 15 years old. Then it was a mistake on the 1874(6,000 years of man's existance being off by 100 years, so it was 1975) Then it was those born in 1914. Then it was just a period of time and shame on everybody who dared to think generation could be understood and blamed it on the other sheep for putting faith in the faithful slave. Then they go back on that and put human lifespans back into it and claim it's overlapping generations.

Do you not see everytime that time had run out, it was 'new light' to add time? The new light never added time long before it was due, it was always when time ran out or about to run out. It's not 'getting brighter' they are in the darkness on that.

The simple answer, is the generation that Jesus was specifically speaking about the coming destruction of Jerusalem, when they would have to flee when it was surrounded by armies. THAT GENERATION saw all of that happen and those who didn't flee, were killed or starved to death when stuck in Jerusalem. That particular part did not have a future meaning.

Anyway....aside from that, seeing how everyone is to treat what the governing body says as coming from God himself and seeing how it's human interpretations and understanding. He is VERY ANGRY about that. The bible foretold that and they got it coming. Elders may be in a lot of heat too. The disfellowshipping arrangement, telling somebody that while they are disfellowshipped they are in bad terms with God, that if the end came they would die if not reinstated. They can't see somebody's heart, they can't judge if they are sorry or not. The most they can do is make their own human choice but putting Jehovah's name to it and saying that's HIS choice is very bad.

Also they are blocking the holy spirit from working. If you read the bible, and you are understanding it or learning something, if it disagrees with what is in the society's literature, or if he is moving you to do something, they tell you to stop, or ignore it.

Does any of that make sense?

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

O and very good scripture........you can't deny the WT and GB have instructed people to take what they say as coming from Jah himself. Disobeying them is disobeying Jah himself. Yet they have changed and been wrong on many things. So is there a chance you should still obey them or have to obey them?

Duet 18:20 - The prophet who 'presumes' to speak in MY NAME a word that I have NOT commanded for him to speak or wwho speaks in the name of other gods, that prophet MUST DIE.

vs 21....Incase you should ask in your heart, how should we know the word that Jeohvah has not spoken? when the prophet speaks in the name of Jehovah and the word does NOT occur or come true, that is the word that Jehovah did NOT SPEAK. with PRESUMPUOUSNESS the prophet spoke it. You must not get frightened at him.

You are free from any obligation to listen to the governing body. They are not speaking from God.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit