Sept. 15th WT - WT Society Hypocritically Disses " Materialistic " JW's

by flipper 60 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

As many of us are aware the WT society has done quite nicely in a material way for themselves. The sales of properties of the former " Bethel " in Brooklyn amassed them millions of more $$$$ . They have relocated into upstate New York and are building like wildmen. The " takeover of kingdom halls by the WT society through Circuit Overseers guilting elders " project is moving along quite nicely with the WT society regaining ownership of kingdom halls from local elders by pressuring elders to see they need their halls to be remodeled and be in debt to the WT society to do so - thus giving the WT society control of most all kingdom hall pursestrings. Along with this , the donations, inheritances, wills, estates, cars, jewelry, and other financial " contributions " given by elderly or otherwise wealthy or non-wealthy JW's - the WT society has amassed into being a billion $$$ corporation.

That being said how does the WT society treat their own JW members regarding their personal finances ?? Notice the quotes in this Sept. 15th WT page 26 under the article " Stand Firm and Avoid Satans traps ! ". After acknowledging in paragraph 4 that, " with the high cost of living and rising unemployment rates, you may find it difficult to make ends meet " - makes one think at first that the WT society may be understanding this time of how hard it is for JW's to earn a living. But not so fast, they aren't THAT empathetic.

In paragraph 6 it states, " The desire for riches may start innocently. Your employer approaches you and says: " I have good news ! The company has won a huge contract. This will mean working overtime quite often for the next few months. But I can assure you that the pay will make it well worth your effort. " How would you react to such an offer ? Of course , the need to provide materially for your family is a serious responsibility, but it is not the ONLY responsibility you have. There are several other concerns you HAVE to take into account. How much overtime will be involved ? Will your secular work interfere with your spiritual activities, including congregation meetings and your Family Worship evening ? " Then the WT society amps up the guiltmeter. It continues, " In weighing your decison, what would you consider to be foremost - how the overtime work would affect your bank account or how it might affect your spirituality ? Would eagerness to make more money cause you to stop putting kingdom interests first in life ? Can you see how materialism would affect you if you were to neglect your own spiritual health and that of your family ?"

O.k. Enough already ! Here we have a multi million $$$ corporation earning millions of $$$$ telling it's members to NOT work overtime to provide for their families needs- yet the WT society continues to profit off of real estate investments, money laundering schemes, and guilting JW older widows into million $$$ donations for the alleged " kingdom work ". These guys make Bernie Madoff look like a saint !

When I used to be a JW years ago- I can't tell you how many career opportunities I passed by on just because I was guilted by my then JW wife, elders, or other overzealous Witnesses to NOT accept such opportunities as I'd " fall out of Jah's favor " ! What actually happened is I was more broke financially than I should have been at those times due to following their faulty advice !

Bottom line is the WT society couldn't care less about the financial welfare of it's members . Did any of you experience being guilted into not pursuing careers or jobs as a JW and later regretted it ? As always I look forward to your takes, observations, and any experiences you had in this regard. I hope you all are well and doing better than when we were JW's. Peace out to you all, Mr. Flipper

• Simon Morley
  • Scott77
    Scott77

Well, the nature of job I had while a JW involved interacting with politicians. I wanted to be one of them. While in high school, the Watchtower-sponsored Literatures greatly discouraged me from persuing polical science class. I think, intellectually, it was a big loss for me. Still now and out of the Watchtower control, I have time to be a politician and hope one day to be.

Scott77

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Somehow the money thing doesn't bother me as much as the education thing. We all know what they REALLY think about "materialistic" JWs - as long as you write a nice check, we have no problem with "materialism."

On the other hand, their anti-education rhetoric burns me up!

• Goshawk
    Goshawk

Typical 'Do as we say, not as we do.'

I have little patience for a hypocrit.

• mauiboy
    mauiboy

WTB&TS= We Take Billions & Teach Shit

• hoser
    hoser

The CO gets a new car every 3 years but if I get a new car I'm falling out of the truth.

hoser

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They want your money now, but what happens if, because you refuse the extra work now, you don't have anything to donate to the Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund in 3 months? They whine about it, instructing you to go into debt in order to keep your donations up (remember, that is the only thing I have against the higher education--the same debt trap you would be going into by pious-sneering and keeping those donations up). You are going into debt--for someone else? What if everyone obeyed the rule of never donating themselves into hardship?

In the meantime, they refuse to invest in anything. The sensible thing would be to take the extra work (and make sure you, not the Rothschilds, get the extra pay). With the extra money, you invest it. Pay off any outstanding debt or bills first. Get things fixed up that need fixing--the house, the car, and so on. Get things that use less energy--now would be a good time to get a few LED light bulbs while you have the money. Your refrigerator nearing the end of its life--get a more energy efficient one now. Then, put some away in inflation-proof investments like gold and silver so you will be able to survive the coming hyperinflation. That would ensure you would have good things now, that you are not going to have things conk out and waste energy once hyperinflation starts, and still have something left to enjoy later.

Instead, you are supposed to refuse the extra work on the job. Rather, you are to waste gas going to boasting sessions. You waste time on Family Waste the Evening Night, which is more tedious than if you had spent the time at work. You are to keep up field circus, wasting even more time and gas (field circus is generally worse than going to work the same amount of time). Things still need fixing. Your bills are still not paid off, and probably additional ones have been generated. Remember, if you are in debt, you are enslaved to the banks. You still have energy waster bulbs (compact fluorescent) and super energy waster bulbs (incandescent), and appliances that are going to conk out at any time (along with your jalopy that could conk out and get you into an accident at any time). And nothing to live on if your dollars become worthless.

As I see it, a sound religious program can be put on hold a couple of months. This was true with the original religions (Satanism), since Father Satan understood that there are periods where work is hectic. Sowing and harvesting are always hectic times, and you need to put spiritual things away during those periods in order to prepare for the coming year. Then, once the harvest is in, you get the big holidays to reconnect with the Gods and Goddesses. Any religion that you will struggle to return to if you take time out isn't really that sound after all. After all, how many people have trouble getting that Christmas tree up when it's time because they have spent the past nearly 11 months out of Christmas?

• designs
    designs

1967 and the Wt. article on not going to college. That changed my youth and a budding career in architecture.

• clarity
    clarity

Flipper ...

Yes we gave up businesses and the chances to own a home for many years.

Years that really counted at the end of the day!

Just be contented with an old rented roof over your heads, they said!

And bread on the table!

I was so naive that I had no idea THEY were buying up many of NY's finest theatres

and grand hotels, and then having free labour to make them all even more magnificent!!

Being treated to the best of wines and plenty of expensive food. Green handshakes and all that!

While many of the ones footing the bill were living in substandard moldy rentals!

>

"do not put your trust in nobles or in men" They seek to deceive.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit