Were You Ever Comfortable Going From House To House?

by minimus 71 Replies latest jw friends

• undercover
    undercover

Never liked it. Even at the height of my indoctrination and trying to improve both the quality and quantity, I was never comfortable...or good at it.

• minimus
    minimus

I'm always amazed by "intelligent" JWs that enjoyed this part of the ministry.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

What I hated were the cargroups I was assigned to.

Tell me about it! Because externally I have an accepting, patient and friendly nature (in person that is) and no family, I was always assigned to the most disfunctional groups available. Are you f**ked up with screwed up kids? Oh look, NewChapter is alone, and you have room for one more! And we can count on her to keep smiling and not come bitching to us.

FSM I hated that part of it.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

minimus: Thankfully, I wasn't any good at it. I enjoyed it, but I never even had a 'progressive' Bible Study. Each door was like a little surprise party, and God was on my side. Now, obviously, the very thought of it is repulsive. As a true believer, however, when I was in the ministry, I felt like it was exactly where Jehovah wanted me to be at that very moment.

• cofty
    cofty

Born-in and loved it most of the time.

I remember the last time I ever went out after I worked out TTATT I felt like I was naked in public. I had nothing to say and left my partner to do every door.

• James Brown
    James Brown

I never liked it, I dreaded running into people from school.

I didn't like meetings either.

We had meetings on Friday nights, it was terrible.

• panhandlegirl
    panhandlegirl

I grew up doing it so I guess it didn't bother me. I liked when we went out of town; less time at knocking on doors and we usually stopped for a treat: ice cream or a coke. It didn't take much to please my sister and I back in the

day. I did hate to run into one of my schoolmates. After I grew up, I really thought I was helping to save people. How dumb was I!

• yknot
    yknot

Its all I have ever known....

I have had good days and bad days...

I had more fun in heavily populated areas than rural ones...but rural areas have less doors and more time to goof or take extra long breaks.

If I lived in a big city I think I would probably do 'reverse FS'.....but out here I would be outted pretty quick.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Hated it.

• aposta-Z
    aposta-Z

Born in. Never liked it.

I allowed them to fool me in thinking that if I kept praying and went more often it would somehow be easier. Only gets worst.
    I aux. pioneered quite a lot. I had not the energy to do more than 60hours.

But I remeber starting highschool I dreaded schoolmates being behind everydoor. I'd often fake ringing. Or open my presentations by "Hello, we are your local Jehovah's Witnesses" managed to cut short most conversations. Another trick was to offer a bible study right away. I was lucky enough it never worked.

I never understood that god for asking his supporters to perform such an outdated and unefficient door to door work of gathering.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit