Were You Ever Comfortable Going From House To House?

by minimus 71 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Because I was raised a Witness, I don't think I was "uncomfortable" knocking on strangers' doors. (weirdo).

But as I got older, I simply didn't want to bother anyone so I was at there door for no more than 30 seconds. At the end I HATED being there.

• JeffT
    JeffT

No

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

Hated it.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I was very comfortable with it. Although I had discomfort at times, it always passed and then I would really enjoy it. Maybe because I wasn't raised in and forced to go. And I was quite good at it. I'd like to go back and slap the snot out of my previous self.

• minimus
    minimus

New Chapter....HAHA!

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

Born in, always hated it.

Shy child, shy teenager didn't matter, every Saturday, many Sundays forced to be out knocking on doors. I auxilary pioneered many, many times through guilt or 'encouragement' & it became tolerable & sometimes it was nice to be out in sunny weather with friends. But the knocking on doors talking to strangers about God bit never became normal or enjoyable.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Yes, I was very comfortable with it. I'm an extrovert, and I believed that I was saving them from a burning house.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Most of the time I didn't mind talking to strangers. What I hated were the cargroups I was assigned to. Jws are mostly a mixed bag of nuts! I learned to make plans ahead of the meeting for service otherwise I'd be stuck working with the wierdos.

Edit: Minimus, I didn't mean you when I said weirdo! LOL

Born in, and hated every moment of being exploited as an unpaid slave, selling WT and Awake and books at doors.

It all came to a head in junior high school, when I came to a door that was opened by someoene I knew from school. I was so embarrassed that I could barely speak. He was a really nice guy who didn't say anytihng about it to anyone at my school. But after that, I refused to go out in field service and let Dad know that I'd rather deal with whatever physical punishment he was going to deliver than go out in field service. Instead of beating me, my father decided to back off.

That was the beginning of the end. About a year later, I was no longer attending meetings either.

• Wilfried
    Wilfried

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit