DO THREE ELDER'S MEAN IT IS JUDICIAL?!?

by DATA-DOG 47 Replies latest watchtower bible

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I have a friend who met with a couple of Elders recently and I was told things went well, no issues. Well a couple weeks later they stopped by my friends place, ( just to say hi ) right before they left they said, " Hey can we meet again? ". My friend said, " sure ". He was led to believe that he would be meeting with the same two Elders as before, come to find out there will be three Elders present. So I am thinking that either the first 2 Elders misled my friend into believing everything was good, even though he was perfectly honest with them, or other Elders do not believe their fellow Elders. What do you think? Should my friend stall for time? I told my friend he should ask why the matter is not considered handled since he met with 2 Elders ( two witnesses ), and the matter should be " firmly established " and over? Are they fishing for information? Thanks in advance.

• Scully
    Scully

Two Elders™ = two eyewitnesses

Three Elders™ = Judicial Committee™

Tell him to go with two or more other people, to even up the odds. If they say they want your friend, alone, your friend can counter with, "Hey, you led me to believe we were just having a friendly conversation. Why do you want to gang up on me? Why can't my friends participate?"

As long as your friend always brings other people to these "meetings", and insists on their participation, the Elders™ won't be able to gang up on him.

• Sauerkraut
    Sauerkraut

Three elders sounds out of the ordinary to me. Your friend better be cautious and find out what's going on.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

The brother should ask beforehand - only one of the elders - what the purpose of the meeting is - t hen take appropriate precautions, namely having his own witness.

I'll never meet with elders again on my own, after the corruption I personally experienced. I never thought elders would lie - how stupid was that!!!

• finally awake
    finally awake

sounds judicial to me = maybe your friend is about to get his freedom

• Sauerkraut
    Sauerkraut

It's interesting to see how deviously they can operate.

• Sheep2slaughter
    Sheep2slaughter

It probably is judicial but 3 elders does not mean that it is necessarily. I personally have been having a lot of meetings as of late. The last 2 were with 3 elders and they most definitely were investigative meetings NOT judicial. Don't get me wrong, 3 elders isn't a good thing. But it may be indication that your friends case is complicated for them. He should proceed with caution. Is he at risk of being DFed or what's actually going on? If its not a "serious" matter he should just play it cool and tell them what they want to hear and put on a sad face.

• cofty
    cofty

Its either a JC or preparation for one. Tell your friend not to attend.

They are supposed to tell you formally if it is a JC but its not uncommon for local elders to take shortcuts.

He/she could attend and ask them at the start "is this a JC?" If they confirm tell them they haven't followed procedure and you have right to know the charge in advance and walk out.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Two Elders™ = two eyewitnesses

The problem he has is that they already could have the proof they need to disfellowship him. Normally I would advise to refuse the visit. However, if they say there is an accusation of apostasy, then he may think it is better to attend so as to defend his name.

• hoser
    hoser

"He/she could attend and ask them at the start "is this a JC?" If they confirm tell them they haven't followed procedure and you have right to know the charge in advance and walk out."

Have the phone number for the branch and phone it in front of them, tell the branch elders A, B, and C haven't followed procedure and that you are

going to see your lawyer.

hoser

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit