DO THREE ELDER'S MEAN IT IS JUDICIAL?!?

by DATA-DOG 47 Replies latest watchtower bible

• earthfire
    earthfire

Oh okay, that's cool and an interesting approach. However, with that type of thinking it goes against one of the key elements of JW thinking so he'll probably either have to change his thinking and be "meek" (i.e. fall into line) or he'll get into trouble.

• JWOP
    JWOP

According to the Elders' Manual, if you threaten legal action during the JC, they have to immediately stop the JC and get further instructions from Watchtower Headquarters. Fer real. That could buy you time if you need it.

• joyfulfader
    joyfulfader

I actually had a judicial committee come to my house and when they were making their decision, they sent me to my bedroom and told me to turn on the tv so I couldnt hear the discussion. Was very interesting...to say the least.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Joyful fader, Where and when was this??? Your story is unusal if it happened in the last few years. Did you appeal?

• joyfulfader
    joyfulfader

I know my situation is unusual. This happened approximately 2 yrs ago. I ended up privately reproved so I didn't appeal anything. The politics involved and the ensuing very public arguments held in the KH during the comments on the bible reading from the opposing sides of the elder body would make one cringe.

• joyfulfader
    joyfulfader

So from that experience alone, 3 elders is never just a visit. There is a specific agenda. Coming to the realization that they are just men and I do not have to answer to them was both exhilarating and devastating since I spent my whole life panicking that I might do something to warrant a trip to the back room and I wasted sooooo much time doing such. Then ended up being sent to my own room instead. Comical in a very twisted way.

• Diest
    Diest

The height of the WTS control machine....geting sent to your own room!

• irondork
    irondork

During one of my reinstatement hearings I was assured that the elders strictly adhered to scriptural guidlines for these types of meetings so that their decisions would come as a result of Christ's oversight. As evidence, we read together Mathew 18:20:

For where there are two or three gathered together in my name, there I am in their midst.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

"Although, if you do decide to go, the fact that that didn't inform you in advance would give you a pretty good chance at winning an appeal."

Yeah assuming they would tell the truth about that. Couldn't they just claim they mentioned it? Who is the appeal committe going to believe?

• apostatethunder
    apostatethunder

I want this mafia out of my life, I only signed for a Bible study, was baptized as a minor, and from them on, was lied to every single day at every single meeting. I am totally disgusted by them, and everything they stand for, and they have absolutely no right to persecute me or anyone, I am a free citizen and it should be illegal that they bother me in any way with their intolerant and fanatic policies.

I want nothing to do with them for the rest of my life, and my not going to their meetings should be a clear enough sign.

Three elders or one elder, all the same to me, I want these ass****s out of my life once and for all.

Tell your friend to ignore them completely and if they keep harassing him to involve the authorities.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit