The Governing Body intends to announce significant changes in academic literature (DOCTRINES) - Brazil

by Dogpatch 375 Replies latest jw friends

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

so will they change the baptism questions too?

No. The ordination at baptism is as ministers of the Good News not as ministers in the sense of leadership in the congregation, which we know are elders, cetainly we all recognize the difference between a publisher as a minister of the Good News and an elder as an overseer in the congregation. If you check Watchtower Library, you see that this has been stated many times, it just is overlooked I guess.

As a Witness, we recognize a difference between a publisher and an elder, one is playing ignorant pretending to equate the two as the same just because the term minister is applied to all JW's. The problem is that with technicalities, the Org can be found responsible for rank and file because they exercise control over them too.

It is silly to insist that a publisher is a representative of the Watchtower Corporation, the Corporation is a legal entity used by the "Faithful & Discreet Slave [Class]", the majority of rank and file baptized publishers were never members of the Corporation. But, possibly because the courts have found a way to link the two through the ministry, the Organization must make a complete break of any association. The corporate entities that hold assets can't be linked with anything rank & file.

Just speculations based on many insights provided by others.

*** w50 1/1 p. 10 par. 1 Reviewing the Past Year's Work World-wide ***
    JEHOVAH'S witnesses are ministers of God, ordained to preach the Word.

*** w51 2/1 p. 79 par. 17 Pacifism and Conscientious Objection-Is There a Difference? ***
    each and every witness who is under vow to Jehovah God through Christ must obey that prophetic command and fulfill his commission as an ordained minister of the good news of the Kingdom.

*** w56 7/1 p. 403 par. 3 Why One Must Be Baptized ***
    Actually, a student of God's Word is in training, becoming equipped to minister to others by this course of study. In due time you find in your heart a burning desire to share in this preaching work. But this work is not done by hired worldly men and women. No, only God-ordained ministers share in it-only persons upon whom the spirit of Jehovah rests. You learn that Jehovah gives his spirit only to those who wholly and unreservedly dedicate themselves to him, through Christ Jesus.

• Razziel
    Razziel

"WHAT WOULD ACCOMPLISH ALL OF THESE GOALS?

• Reduce Expenses
    • Increase Income
    • Limit Liability
    • Tighten Control
    • Maintain Appearances"

Voting Republican?

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Razziel, you simply are NOT taking this wild speculation thread seriously. Please try and get with the program, will you?

• minimus
    minimus

This is probably one of those threads that = nothing. Time will (as usual) tell.

• edmond dantes
    edmond dantes

If the imminent changes in Watchtower land have nothing to do with the door to door work that still leaves them with a hell of a problem as far as having unchecked people doing Watchtower work going from door to door meeting the public .They have still got to fix that problem . My gut feeling is, and I ask myself if I was a GB member , which part of the Org. is the most vunerable legally and the answer has got to be among the mass of so called representatives in the so called ministry.

Brooklyn can now claim that through the internet they are preaching the good news of God's Kingdom throughout the World they don't need people going from door to door en mass in order to reach people they can operate in any country they like thanks to the Web they can hook people effectively through the written and spoken word on line. They can operate a system of recruitment more efficiently by using less and less people as long as they can get them studying ,donating and into to the Kingdom Halls.

The bottom line is which system sells the most books or brings in the most money without the legal ramifications.

• hoser
    hoser

"Brooklyn can now claim that through the internet they are preaching the good news of God's Kingdom throughout the World they don't need people going from door to door en mass in order to reach people they can operate in any country they like thanks to the Web they can hook people effectively through the written and spoken word on line."

that would end up losing a lot of control over the publishers don't you think?

would they still need a service meeting?

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

I am continuing to enjoy the speculation! A couple things I find strange are the fact that this has only been leaked on a Portugese (Brazil) discussion board. Brazil seems like the last place that a major rumor (if true) would come from. Do the US elders that are on JWD know of a special school happening in 2013? (if I missed this somewhere, I apologize)

To Randy (Dogpatch): Is the quote you posted from someone you have had contact with in the past? A reliable source? I am guessing that it is possibly a former bethelite based on his post.

Thanks

TD

P.S. -- In case you missed this earlier: "changes in academic literature" in the thread title was a mistranslation.

• Razziel
    Razziel

tresdecu, on pg 1, Sir82 says this 8 hr meeting is scheduled in the US for Nov & Dec 2012.

• mind blown
    mind blown

"P.S. -- In case you missed this earlier: "changes in academic literature" in the thread title was a mistranslation."

edit: it may be best to see how the Spanish posts are leaning, if only to get a sense which way this topic is going. Just a thought.

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

Thanks Razziel, just read it! Can't believe I missed that! Sorry Sir82...I usually read all your posts!

OK then...my question for Randy still stands ;-)

Thanks guys.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit