Why reincarnation doesn,t make sense.

by jam 63 Replies latest jw experiences

• talesin
    talesin

KS I was giving a little bit of information, and didn't feel like being picked apart.

BTS - your personal slurs are not appreciated. Drama? Try reading one of your political threads.

• milola
    milola

An experience..... Two days after my granddaughter was born, I looked into her eyes and said some endearing words to her and she made eye contact with me and had a look on her face that made me say to her and her mother that she had understood every word I had said to her. That she had a very old soul, she already knew it all. Well she is now about to turn 15 and will be going off to college the end of this month. She already knows it all. I believe she has been here before.

• jam
    jam

talesin; always enjoy your input. One person ask

me, was I taking drugs because of a comment I

made on a topic. It can be tough here sometimes.

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Talesin said:

"BTS - your personal slurs are not appreciated."

Are you referring to the comment where BTS called you an ass, and told you to f- off?

Ahhhh, the exquisite irony just doesn't end... In fact, it's almost like it keeps getting..... (wait for it...) reincarnated? ;)

• jam
    jam

King -Solomon, lets be nice. By the way, a co-worker was

called King-Solomon and he was A king of his small village.

His father had seven wives, he (King Solomon) had only two.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    It would certainly explain why we are born 'knowing' some things, which we have no business knowing! :D

Another theory on this is collective consciousness that some are supposedly more sensitive to. I do wonder about children like Mozart who write operas and symphonies at 5 years old. Or a child who is a virtuoso, I wonder about that. Then there are children who know about addresses and houses and experiences that they shouldn't know about it. I have no opinion on how this all works. I am content for it to be a mystery.

Before I studied with the JW's and after my time teetering between agnosticism, atheism and diesm, I read about and had some deep thoughts about reincarnation. But then when my brother died, I just asked how many times would you have to go through horrible deaths to decide you don't want to do that again?

I mean, my brother at 22, was crushed in a one vehicle accident between his seat and the steering wheel, engine and a smallish tree, at the edge of the creek. He was pushed, along with the engine of the little Datsun pickup truck he was driving, through the high up, narrow back window into the bed. All his worldly belongings were in that truck. They spilled into the creek, from the bridge when the camper top popped off. My other brother was summoned to the scene to identify him, suspended there, his long blonde hair fluttering in the wind.

The joy and wonder, the love we experience here on earth is precious. But the painful things, the constant need for food and sleep, I don't know how many times you'd have to do it, be reincarnated, before it just plain gets old.

• moshe
    moshe

Check out the story about James Leininger-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sT0B4V_kowo

http://www.ianlawton.com/cpl3.htmThe Past Life Memories of James Leininger

[This article by Wes Milligan appeared in Acadiana Profile Magazine in December 2004. See also video here.]

Parents are usually quite concerned when their children have nightmares. The tears alone on the face of a child are enough to tug at the heart. Eventually, after the parents comfort their children and allay their fears, the children close their eyes and fall back asleep. Things return to normal, and the nightmares are forgotten.

However, when the nightmares began four years ago for 6-year-old James Leininger of Lafayette, his parents, Bruce and Andrea Leininger, were troubled. The nightmares were coming as much as four times a week, and James would violently kick and scream with his feet up in the air. It appeared as though he was fighting with something or buried in a box, trying to get out. The only way he could escape the nightmares was for his parents to shake him awake. The nightmares were out of control.

Above, left: James, at age 6, enjoys a moment at the controls of a plane. Above, right: James Huston Jr., whose tragic death during World War II is remembered in detail by young James Leininger, pauses for a picture sometime in 1944, the year before he was shot down.

But it was what James would utter during his thrashing nightmares that would make the hair on the back of his mom's neck stand up. "He would say, ‘Airplane crash on fire, little man can't get out,'" Andrea says. Bruce and Andrea began to rack their brains about the source of the disturbing information, which they believed was fuelling these nightmares. An educated couple, Bruce and Andrea had always tried to create a "Mozart for the mind" atmosphere for their child and had strenuously kept violence away from his sight. So they began to analyze their dinner conversations, what James was watching on television, and other things that could influence him. Bruce and Andrea weren't involved in aviation, and their 2-year-old boy couldn't read yet. There had to be a logical explanation.

Looking for answers, Andrea began to seek help outside of their home. The nightmares weren't going away, and the Leiningers didn't know what they could do to stop them. The possible cures seemed few, and it even crossed Bruce's mind that an exorcism might be necessary if the nightmares didn't end.

Then Andrea's mother, Barbara Scoggin, suggested an explanation that later seemed to be the right answer: James might be experiencing a past life memory. After reading about a counsellor by the name of Carol Bowman from Pennsylvania, Ms. Scoggin explained how Ms. Bowman was an expert on a child phenomenon that was similar to what James was experiencing. Ms. Bowman had also authored a book, Children's Past Lives: How Past Life Memories Affect Your Child, after her own son had similar problems with nightmares and strange recollections.

Andrea called her immediately. Then after several discussions with Ms. Bowman, Andrea took her advice and began to talk to James about his nightmares right after they happened. As a result, Andrea says, the nightmares decreased drastically.

"When we are dreaming, our conscious minds are not filtering material as when we are in a waking state, so unconscious material, including past life memories, emerge," Ms. Bowman explains. "It is not uncommon for young children to dream of their previous lives. We tend to notice the nightmares, because they disturb the sleep and are often dramatic, realistic stories, as in James' case. They are often recurring, as the child relives the same dramatic events over and over. On some level, they are seeking resolution to these disturbing memories. When Andrea acknowledged what James was remembering in his dreams - his plane crashing - it helped him move through the trauma."

But the side effect, which Ms. Bowman expected, was that James' statements about the crashing airplane and the man who couldn't get out became more detailed, more real to him. Now, during the day, James began to consciously mention how "his" plane took off from the water and the Japanese shot down his plane. He even began to be more specific with plane designations and the name of an aircraft carrier that was stationed near Japan during World War II. The eerie and specific details caused Bruce to take up a research quest with Andrea's help to disprove all of James' "facts."

Through all of their research, spanning nearly five years with thousands of declassified documents, personal interviews and military resources, Bruce and Andrea Leininger say they are now finally sure of one thing: Their son is linked with the spirit of a World War II Navy pilot by the name of James M. Huston Jr., who died in 1945.--- see link for entire story

• jam
    jam

Flying high; So sorry to hear that about your brother.

Moshe; The hair on the back of my neck stood up.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Flying high; So sorry to hear that about your brother.

Thank you, Jam. Cory died in 1976. I still miss him. He was five years older than me. Here is a memorial I made for him. If you make a profile, you can leave virtual flowers or graphics and message for him. http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GSln=fridge&GSfn=cory&GSbyrel=all&GSdyrel=all&GSob=n&GRid=8934955&df=all&

• sizemik
    sizemik
    She's a drama queen.

nice.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit