The best tactic Anonymous could use against the Society is to make them look noble and humble

by JonathanH 56 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Diest
    Diest

I think 3 smiley faces show that a comment is sarcastic.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Don't worry - I did not take it seriously.

However, I have a serious point to make here - we should be very careful to be completely honest, above board, and above reproach when criticising the Watchtower.

We all know how much they love to take on the mantra of persecution - and how loudly they would hail the evil apostates if we do something illegal.

As much as we all might want to.

For those reasons, (and yes, there are others), I cannot support Anonymous.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

What Anonymous Does..

Is not a Reflection on Anyone here..

There`s not One of You..

That can Change what Anonymous intends to Do..

Bickering over it is Ridicules..

The Smartest thing we can Do..

Is use what ever Solid Information they come up with..

To our Own Advantage..

................................ ...OUTLAW

• DT
    DT

Good point Outlaw. We don't have to support the tactics of Anonymous make good use of the information they come up with. There's also no harm in using any media coverage of this as an opportunity to inform more people about the dangers of the Watchtower Society.

• cedars
    cedars

The attentions of Anonymous also highlight that ex-JWs aren't the only ones with issues against the Watch Tower Society. Their terrible record on mishandling cases of child abuse is gaining them a bad reputation, and the fact that Anonymous is targetting the Watchtower as part of a broader "Operation Pedo Chat" is evidence of that.

You reap what you sow.

Cedars

• simon17
    simon17

I really like the first paragraph, and then, I agree with WMF that it is too hasty in a sense. The key in this letter would be the subtlety. It has to be plausible. In no way would WTBS just, in three sentences, stop disfellowshipping, reverse policies on child abuse reporting, eliminate the two witness rule, change the standing on blood transfusions, etc. Anyone elder reading that will probably just immediately go on the defensive mentally.

See what I like about your first paragraph is it is warm in tone. Its kind of like what the society would say, but just in a different way then they would actually ever say it. Its that subtle difference that is going to be mildly refreshing without arousing suspicion.

When battling the mind you have to go very slow and subtle. If you go to fast at any moment, people will recoil and harden their stance. The key is getting people to move mentally incrementally in the way you want them to go.

• cedars
    cedars

Thanks simon17, I know what you mean. On the other hand, if it's too long-winded AND unexpected, people will switch off too. I know if I get an unexpected email that goes on and on with reams of text, my suspicions are immediately raised and I suspect it is someone from Kenya trying to persuade me to send a small amount of money in exchange for millions! I like emails that cut to the chase fairly quickly, and I suspect others in bethel will too. Also, I've read a lot of Society letters, and they don't beat around the bush much beyond the first paragraph.

I appreciate the constructive criticism though!

Cedars

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit