The best tactic Anonymous could use against the Society is to make them look noble and humble

by JonathanH 56 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

"Paul's admonition regarding blood " ? The chapter in Acts records the admonition of what the WT claim was the 1st Century GB, Paul took the circumcision question to them. I just think that bit might sound not what today's GB would write, they would say "the admonition of the Elders in Jerusalem as recorded in Acts" or similar.

The rest I like (I sound like Peter Cook in the Mr Spiggot sketch) and I think it is agreat idea to not go over the top, but to go for the Big Three, shunning, abuse and the blood fiasco.

• cedars
    cedars

Ok, agreed - here is the revised version...

Dear Brothers

We hope this email finds you in good health. We would like to take this opportunity to thank all of you for your hard work in caring for Christ's flock. In these difficult times that are so hard to deal with, you are to be commended for exerting yourselves vigorously and giving selflessly in the interests of others. We commend you for your excellent example in this regard.

We have lately given much prayerful thought to the many heartfelt letters that we have received at World Headquarters from scores of brothers around the world who ask about various beliefs and organizational policies of Jehovah's Witnesses. This has led us to re-examine certain core beliefs from a more objective and scriptural standpoint, and we have reached the conclusion that many of our teachings require urgent revision. In particular, the practice of shunning relatives goes against the principles of Christ-like love, and our rigid application of the "two witness" rule has led to many innocent children being exposed to child molesters who escape justice simply by denying any wrongdoing. We also deeply regret the many brothers who have lost their lives through a mistaken and over-zealous application of the admonition in the book of Acts regarding blood. Our hearts go out to all of you who have suffered personally in this regard.

As a result of our findings, our literature will soon begin to reflect a more honest and merciful application of scriptural teachings, and we wanted to give you brothers advance notice of this. Doubtless these changes will present many challenges, and our brothers will be perplexed and confused. We are confident that you fine brothers will make good use of your experience and training in helping the congregations to come to terms with our organizational errors, and continue undaunted with the preaching work without being unduly stumbled.

Finally, we wanted to pass on our most sincere apologies on behalf of all those who have served on the Governing Body, both past and present. We have allowed ourselves to become so pre-occupied with policies and organizational matters that we have overlooked the "weightier matters of the law". (Matt. 23:23) In doing so, we have become just like the Pharisees that Jesus, our Lord and master, condemned. Even worse, by insisting that all scriptural and prophetic interpretations, however flawed, are guided by God's Spirit, we have gone so far as to grieve the Holy Spirit of the God of Truth. (Eph 4:30; Psalm 31:5) This, more than anything, makes us feel wholly unworthy and deeply ashamed on behalf of both ourselves and our forebears. Like David, we say: "For my transgressions I myself know, and my sin is in front of me constantly." We feel that the current financial problems being experienced by our organization may well be evidence of God's disapproval. We therefore pray that the God of mercy will show us favor, and cleanse us of our sins. (Psalm 51:2,3)

May Jehovah show us mercy, and give strength to you dear brothers for the important work that lies ahead in the coming months.

Your brothers,

The Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

I'm Doom on the anon news btw

Copy and pasties: (nom nom)

Doom: Cedars, Just a hint on the WTS change method. Generally when the Society makes any changes and a letter is compiled they firstly affirm the previous method and reasoning behind it usually quoting scripture, ... then they note the reason for a needed change and then outline the change as if it's them complying more fully with scriptural principles (see, we are progressing!) and that would then have any scriptures (principle) they can think of to support this decision.

Yours is too hasty in tone, and is not going to pass under the radar as it is. Do some intro "we did this previously because" ...and then why the "change". :)

Go find some previous letters outlining change in doctrine and use them as a template.

Cheers

Doom: Me again. It just occured to me that if you do go this route, then SEVERAL letters over a period of time would work better than one big hit. One letter per change outlined may well fly further and faster than a huge big red letter that will be more likely to be flagged as "appostate". Just a thought. :)

(Except I cant spell apostate...)

They may come across as a bit terse, but then I didnt expect to identify myself LOL... Cedars you do good work and I want success here, hence my 2p.

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

That would be incredible if a letter like that was sent out. I think most if not all brothers would give a sigh of relief and think, it's about time!

• cedars
    cedars

Witness My Fury - I'm sorry you don't see the potential of my letter. OBVIOUSLY it's not how the Governing Body would communicate with the brothers - but then they wouldn't communicate or send a letter as honest as this one anyway. The point is to send it as an email from a credible JW address to make it look like they have sent it in breach of their normal way of doing things. It's a shame you can't see how damaging this would be and only look at this from a "they wouldn't do it that way" perspective.

Cedars

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Ok, I have not been around alot...and I am a bit ignorant here...so can someone please explain to me in a dummy-proof way what this anonymous thing is??

• cedars
    cedars

isaacaustin...

http://jwsurvey.org/cedars-blog/jw-org-on-alert-anonymous-attacks-the-watchtower

Cedars

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Thanks Cedars!

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

cedars, i am going to send you momentarily...thanks

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

I do see potential in your letter, that is NOT what I said. If confusion is your primary aim then that is a different story to getting it under the radar and READ out to the congregations. Which in my book would cause even MORE confusion than it just winding up a few thousand elders, COs and Bethel switch board....

However doing that is a good start.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit