We KNOW who they are

by DonJuel 68 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• yknot
    yknot

If someone is convicted than I am all for creating a searchable database....(mark 12:17)

However without a conviction the legal implications are abundant.

In cases of non-conviction---There is also a case by case value.....

If a child molests another child because they were molested should we publish the child's name who repeated the abuse? What if the children all received counseling (studies show that a child who is believed are less likely to continue the cycle via vampire syndrome)

At what age do we draw the line.....does state statues play into the decision?

I have seen ugly child custody battles where accusations are tossed frivolously....but with the accusation made the Elders are required to call Legal........

For the record I have had 3 convicted sex offenders attend at one time in my congregation....

1) I watched like a hawk (adult abuser/ child under 10 victim) - the PO & Sec didn't bother to share his conviction with the rest of the BOE

2) romeo/juliet couple (later married when she turned 18)

3) Sister seduction who set out to force a stupid, stuck in a bad marriage Brother to marry her......parents flipped and pressed charges but she bragged of her plan.........so I don't really hold him as responsible as a real pedophile because I know her , what she did and why.....I blame the WTS and her stupid parents for creating a hostile environment where 'marrying to get out of house' was her only option and in my area it isn't uncommon for an 18 year old to marry a guy twice her age....

• headisspinning
    headisspinning

Thanks Ynot... I do see why people are concerned. It's a huge mess with no cut-and-dry solution. But for those who still choose to be associated with the Watchtower, my suggestion is that THEY 'wait on Jehovah' or 'leave it in Jehovah's hands' if a list comes out and they are wrongly accused. Why should little children bear the brunt of a ridiculous policy put in place by a cult that has been imposed upon them?

I'm sorry but if I have to choose between protecting a child from being abuse and raped or an adult being wrongly accused, I am going to protect the child. Statistically, pedophiles go on to abuse 100+ children over the course of their lifetime.

I am choosing the lesser of the two evils.

• elderelite
    elderelite

Your not protecting children by accepting random names to post on a pedo list. Your being wreckless and stupid.

• yknot
    yknot

I understand your passion but without a conviction the list makers/sustainers would be opening up themselves to lawsuit both civil and criminal depending on state/nation statue.

I am curious how you rank age of consent laws into this list......for instance in some parts of Mexico and Boliva age of consent is the onset of puberty.

• cantleave
    cantleave

This is unhelpful.

It will result in vigilante type actions and will probably backfire.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

I do not see how this approach can be of any useful assistance. If published, it will be vehemently denied (remember, you need proof, and I'm not talking about some 'two witness rule').

All that will happen is that the JW community will use it as an example of apostates and persecution, etc. making any valid efforts of ex-JWs all that more difficult.

This sounds like some plan by someone who is around 16 years old and has no real-life experience.

Regards,

Jim TX

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement

I agree with EE and cantleave. While I hope that any true pedophile rots in hell, it is stupid and reckless to post names of people on the Internet. If Anon is able to get the so called list that is one thing. Trolling for names of current congregation members is a disaster in the making. Let the law judge those who are pedophiles. Don't take it upon yourself to create a list of names with people that might or might not be pedophiles. It is a terrible idea and will end up backfiring tremendously. The plan as far as I can tell is an Internet version of the Salem witch hunts. Provide evidence before prosecuting the individual in this way.

Siam

• headisspinning
    headisspinning

You don't even know what the plan is for the list. And you have absolutely no idea who you are calling reckless (yes, I misquoted your spelling error). Shooting your mouth off when you are out of the loop could be regarded as foolish.

• elderelite
    elderelite

We have given plenty of reason why what you are doing is wreckless and stupid. The comaprison to an indignant 13 year old seems very apt at this point.

• yknot
    yknot

If the list is gained through Anonymous initiative.......

Copies should be sent to each nations Attorney General (or equivelent) as well as state/province (etc) AGs

This way each country/state can discern if laws on reporting were maintained or if prosecution of the WTS is possible.

The wheels of justice must be set in motion and allowed their due course.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit