The Good Food Thread

by MrsCedars 64 Replies latest jw friends

• haboob48
    haboob48

Wow, I love this thread! Thanks MrsCedars!

My husband loves potato pancakes but I couldn't really find a decent recipe online. I was tempted to come on here and ask if anyone had a good recipe! So this is great. I love to cook! but I just cant seem to make them like his mother. So, if anyone has a good recipe for something so simple...please post it?

(To clarify here............I have tried to make them, but they never turn out very good.)

hb48

• MrsCedars
    MrsCedars

LisaRose I really like your fake fried chicken. I do something similar, instead of frying chicken breast strips, I put in a big zip bag a mixture of breadcrumbs, salt & pepper, maybe some herbs, paprika and garlic powder and some oil, just enough to make a paste of all ingredients. All I do then is put the chicken in the bag and shake it well until all chicken is coated and it is ready to be baked.

Next time I do fried chicken I will definitely try your recipe instead.

Thank you nugget for your useful tips. I have tasted first-hand the fruit of your culinary skills (yum, yum), and I can safely say that you know what you are talking about. Another tip I learned from you is not to squeeze the tea bag in my tea for a paper free taste!!!

Mum, I am looking forward to trying your recipe, I love oat cookies. I have tried a similar recipe with coconut but it contained flour, so I’m really interested to try your flour free version. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you Haboob48! I’m afraid I’ve never made potato pancakes. I will have to wait with you for someone to be so kind to post a good recipe.

Just another quick thing, I have been trying lately recipes from the Sortedfood guys, most of their recipes are great. Here is one veggie recipe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHJ5h9noNDU

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

I am at Palmtree's house, making chimuchurri, guacomole (sp?) tri-tip.... it's going to be awesome.

• haboob48
    haboob48

Then I have no choice but to wait with you MrsCedars!.......We need one of the JWN's mums recipes for potato pancakes! Should I share a great and easy recipe for Kabobs?HERE IT IS!

Chicken, Pork or Beef cut in to 1 1/2 squares

Green Bell Pepper

Red Bell Pepper..........

Really? What ever you choose and like..zucchini, yellow squash, mushrooms, cherry or quartered tomatos, pineapple!

Marinate all that you choose in 1/2 Italian dressing and 1/2 teriyaki for 30-40 minutes. While veggies and meat marinade, soak wooden skewers in water so that when you grill they will not catch on fire. After the veggies and meat are marinated, put on skewers, right on the griil they go! Cook to your liking! It won't take long, less than 10 minutes per side! If pork of chicken scares you, grill a minute or two longer! Set on a bed of rice and enjoy! When using raw shrimp remember..shrimp cooks really fast! so choose veggies that cook fast or that you like to have a great crunch! (I made these for my neighbor once.......and was told they were better than going to a restaurant!)

HB48

• bsmart
    bsmart

I believe that the oat cooky recipe is the only good thing that came out of the Awake. My sister has been making them for years. Love them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit